• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,601 posts in this topic

The best holiday weekends for me involve reading a Golden Age book that I haven't had a chance to look at yet. Today was Sensation 33! Boy it didn't disappoint. A great Wonder Woman tale and some fun supporting features including a well written tale of the Gay Ghost involving a Mummy!

157584.jpg.86e592284fe9b1b37b60fa7ca8c234a0.jpg

157585.jpg.d405609a55cfa994b781605628159a2a.jpg

157586.jpg.a6a406a6325e0dd93b80318005411153.jpg

The best holiday weekends for me involve reading a Golden Age book that I haven't had a chance to look at yet. Today was Sensation 33! Boy it didn't disappoint. A great Wonder Woman tale and some fun supporting features including a well written tale of the Gay Ghost involving a Mummy!

Good thing the original owner didn't follow Uncle Sam's orders or you wouldn't be reading that great GA book :grin:

All Star 8... 5.5 CGC great page quality is auctioning right now on comicconnect.com... looks like a very strong copy of the first wonder woman

And a WW #1 5.0 is ending on ComicLink Wednesday. It's been a while since any have been offered in a public auction. There's a lot of others too - I've heard they're from a fairly high grade collection. There's even a #98 in 6.5 in it. Good stuff!

All Star 8... 5.5 CGC great page quality is auctioning right now on comicconnect.com... looks like a very strong copy of the first wonder woman

And a WW #1 5.0 is ending on ComicLink Wednesday. It's been a while since any have been offered in a public auction. There's a lot of others too - I've heard they're from a fairly high grade collection. There's even a #98 in 6.5 in it. Good stuff!

I'm more interested in the Sensation 1 7.5 that ends tomorrow night on CLink. Still my favorite of the 3 WW keys, and a VF copy to boot.

I remember when #105 used to be the coveted issue. The new reigning queen #98 (worship)

Gator says $55k is a strong price so how does one go against his opinion. It's a nice book. I can see it getting that price though.

Gator says $55k is a strong price so how does one go against his opinion. It's a nice book. I can see it getting that price though.

the last 5.5 went at just under 45k 10 months ago. Has it appreciated 20% in under a year? It's trending that way... In August (one month ago) we sold a 5.0 at 40k ish. Also in August we sold a really nice (5.0 eye appeal) 3.5 for 35k (sold a 3.5 earlier this year at 25k).

So 50-55k is a great estimate but no one knows the final price unless they are potentially willing to bid that much and they are potentially the top bidder lol

the last 5.5 went at just under 45k 10 months ago. Has it appreciated 20% in under a year? It's trending that way... In August (one month ago) we sold a 5.0 at 40k ish. Also in August we sold a really nice (5.0 eye appeal) 3.5 for 35k (sold a 3.5 earlier this year at 25k).

So 50-55k is a great estimate but no one knows the final price unless they are potentially willing to bid that much and they are potentially the top bidder lol

All Star #8 has been undervalued for many years. Its the action #1 of wonder woman and I believe this book is going up like rocket,especially with the great casting of Gale in the lead role for the DC comic book movies, this girl is a total knockout x10 who can also act her assess off.

Any copy with good pager quality is gold. I still stick to prediction that it will go for 10K too 12K per grade point. Especially with the new 1.0 sale at 12.3K per point. Right now its at 25.5K which is a steal.

Edited by Mmehdy

A friend just mentioned WW 98 in the recent Clink auction, I said I had sold an undercopy...I finally found out where, it was 6 years ago,and Foolkiller got a bargain for being such a nice guy.

I also don't think they were going for anything much back then, lol and I do think Brian was just being nice:)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3346573