• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Wow!

Margot Robbie Recalls Losing FANTASTIC FOUR Role And 'Joker' Scaring Her On SUICIDE SQUAD

Before Suicide Squad wrapped filming some days ago, Margot Robbie spoke with Daily News about portraying Harley Quinn opposite Jared Leto as the Joker in the highly-anticipated DC adaptation. More interestingly, the Aussie actress revealed that, before nabbing her DC supervillain role, she came to close playing Sue Storm aka the Invisible Woman in the not-so-Fantastic Four reboot.

"I didn't really resonate with the -script, and I haven't seen the movie, so I don't really know how it turned out different from the page," said Margot Robbie of Fox's Marvel reboot which flopped both critically and at the box office. "But I had a great meeting with the director (Trank) and I really enjoyed that. I guess it's part of the game: sometime you win some, sometimes you lose some."

And on Jared Leto's Joker:

"What he's doing with the character is so cool," she said of his "pretty impressive" performance. ""At first it was kind of confronting (to be up close , but now I'm so used to it, I think if I ever saw him out of makeup now I would be really confused. Actually, I saw him out of makeup once and I was actually petrified of him. I was too scared to go up and didn't know who that person was, and when he got back into his makeup I was far more comfortable." She added, "The one common denominator is we're all bad guys, it just makes everything more fun that way. The scenes are more interesting I feel, when you just don't know how the characters are going to react, especially with Harley, who's absolutely nuts… she's either going to kill you or laugh and give you a hug."

Viola Davis Talks SUICIDE SQUAD; Reveals How Many DC Movies She's Signed On For

"I’ve been working on the film since April 1st. It sounds like a lot, but I haven’t been working every day. I haven’t done a lot of comic book movies, actually I’ve done none! DC Comics have a tendency to have darker characters. You know, Batman is a darker character, Harley Quinn, the Joker, and what David Ayer has managed to do is humanize them. I think that you see it in the trailer too–just something different about it that makes you lean in."

"What he’s explored is the pathology behind all of these characters, so you just get that extra spin that gives you the flavor and a look which is very different. And at the same time you get all the stuff that you’ve gotten before, which is the action, the special effects, the great makeup. I’m blown away by the movie. Once I saw the trailer, I was like, “Oh, my God. He really is a magician.” So, it’s been a real pleasure working on it with David Ayer."

"This is my first big superhero movie. I signed on for three, so it needed to be a great experience," she admitted.

I see more than one Harley in the shot.... hm

lol

Good eyes! I see that one with the gun to her head.

That's the "real" one (thumbs u

Even from a distance, the other doesn't look like she'd make a convincing stunt double.

I couldn't resist playing Micmack's version of Where's Waldo... lol

2BA0442C00000578-3209492-image-m-63_1440457708414.jpg

The same signature reseller followed her to the airport?

3zJHKkU.jpg

Maybe her personal assistant, giving her stuff to sign for fans? Maybe all Canadians look alike?

2BA0442C00000578-3209492-image-m-63_1440457708414.jpg

The same signature reseller followed her to the airport?

3zJHKkU.jpg

Maybe her personal assistant, giving her stuff to sign for fans? Maybe all Canadians look alike?

JIMMY L. had pointed out earlier he is an aggressive signature reseller.