• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

I'm collecting both the Star Wars and Marvel heroes action figure variants. Granted, the StarWars are more important to me but I just looked on ebay and I could've saved money buying my Secret wars off the bay....and I preordered. The difference in prices is pretty crazy imo.

Swung by an LCS yesterday that I had never been to before, and they had short boxes of several of the Secret Wars covers, all for cover or less.

If only I had seen GG live. I imagine it's possible that I would not be here today though.

I saw the Murder Junkies shortly after GG died, Jeff Clayton from Antiseen was singing for them. EPIC show!

It seems like all these Marvel covers are being done by JTC. I wonder why? I think his art is fine, but nothing special. Let's see somebody else try!

For example, the proportions of the spider Gwen one seem way off to me. Like those arms. Weirdddd

I received my B/W Boba Fett replacements today, I sent back the "damaged from shipping" copies and got back some very nice/excellent copies barring the minor wrinkles from the paper Marvel has been using.

The packaging was done right, sandwiched between two cardboard pieces in bubble wrap packed with paper all around shipped in a Priority Mail one rate box, the 13x3x11 size. They got the packaging right. Very happy.

Edited by nixnix

I have a single copy of the B&W Luke Skywalker Action Figure Cover from C2E2 that is a strong 9.8 candidate. Wanted some opinions as to whether or not to slab it. What are thoughts on the potential of this issue as the December Star Wars movie approaches? Has value peaked or could it see another spike?

Seeing as the B&W Boba Fett has tanked is it better to slab the potential 9.8s, hold on to them raw until December, or cut and run?

Will there be an action figure cover with issue #1 of the new Darth Vader title coming in November?

Thanks!

I have a single copy of the B&W Luke Skywalker Action Figure Cover from C2E2 that is a strong 9.8 candidate. Wanted some opinions as to whether or not to slab it. What are thoughts on the potential of this issue as the December Star Wars movie approaches? Has value peaked or could it see another spike?

Seeing as the B&W Boba Fett has tanked is it better to slab the potential 9.8s, hold on to them raw until December, or cut and run?

Will there be an action figure cover with issue #1 of the new Darth Vader title coming in November?

Thanks!

Why slab it when you can sell it to me? :acclaim:

I think the price has held steady for a 9.8 around $500-$600 range for the luke. But it's much harder to find than the BF. So if you won't sell it to me, I'd slab it (thumbs u

No one knows when the next B & W will appear, could be in Nov, could be in Dec and it could be OB1 (shrug)

Jerome

Thanks!

Why slab it when you can sell it to me? :acclaim:

I think the price has held steady for a 9.8 around $500-$600 range for the luke. But it's much harder to find than the BF. So if you won't sell it to me, I'd slab it (thumbs u

No one knows when the next B & W will appear, could be in Nov, could be in Dec and it could be OB1 (shrug)

Jerome

There is a raw copy listed on eBay now. The BIN price is steep but it's a Best Offer listing.

Finally received my 11 replacement copies yesterday. The packaging was excellent, but, 5 of the 11 books had a small crease on the front bottom right side of the book by the spine.

Either he got a bad batch from the printer or someone mishandle them.

I sent him an email and told him I was returning them and to just give me a refund.

That's it for me. I am never again ordering anything from his website.

I have been putting together three complete sets of the color versions of the Star Wars Action Figure Covers. Curious to see how many sets other members are building and who has the most. Anyone putting together a complete set stabbed? That could get pretty pricey if JTC keeps churning these out with no end in sight!

I have been putting together three complete sets of the color versions of the Star Wars Action Figure Covers. Curious to see how many sets other members are building and who has the most. Anyone putting together a complete set stabbed? That could get pretty pricey if JTC keeps churning these out with no end in sight!

I'm doing three as well. May cut down to two after the original twelve are done.