• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heat Press Machines
1 1

26 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently in the Market to buy a Heat Press to try my hand on some of my books, but like many before me, figuring out which one to buy is proving difficult! I have been looking at the Pro-3804X, but the Reviews on it are questionable at best, Hotronix has one that looks pretty good but is fairly pricey.This would be used for Hobby purposes so I don't think I need a big Expensive Machine, just one that works. If there is anyone with Experience on this that would be willing to share some info it would be greatly apprecieated.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently in the Market to buy a Heat Press to try my hand on some of my books, but like many before me, figuring out which one to buy is proving difficult! I have been looking at the Pro-3804X, but the Reviews on it are questionable at best, Hotronix has one that looks pretty good but is fairly pricey.This would be used for Hobby purposes so I don't think I need a big Expensive Machine, just one that works. If there is anyone with Experience on this that would be willing to share some info it would be greatly apprecieated.

Thanks!

Wont those types of press's pancake books?

looks like all the amateur pressers out there have driven up the prices on these things. $100+ for broken ones useful for spare parts!

i have a lot of wrinkly GD $1 books I would like to press into VG/Fine $2 books, so the press would need to be pretty cheap for that to work out financially

This would be used for Hobby purposes so I don't think I need a big Expensive Machine, just one that works.

-------------

needless to say, i have no clue, but would the advantage of the bigger fancier ones is that you can probably press 30 books in a row whereas the little guys may start to overheat if you don't give them a break?

This would be used for Hobby purposes so I don't think I need a big Expensive Machine, just one that works.

-------------

needless to say, i have no clue, but would the advantage of the bigger fancier ones is that you can probably press 30 books in a row whereas the little guys may start to overheat if you don't give them a break?

The Mint Maker can handle it.

MintBestBuy.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Interesting that your concerns are only financial, not which is best for the books. Hobby purposes you say ?

-------------

MintBestBuy.jpg

lol

Interesting that your concerns are only financial, not which is best for the books. Hobby purposes you say ?
Not to get into it, but for the Hobbyist wouldn't a regular tacking iron do a lot of what they want? You know, spot re-flattening instead of the full meal deal. And many hundreds cheaper. No?

tackingiron.jpg

i have about 300 pounds i can personally contribute in terms of "pressure", now it's just a matter of getting some flat pieces of metal i can heat up and sit on without burning my rear. i don't want to invest $250 in this project.

comic millions here i come!

-------------

MintBestBuy.jpg

I always liked this one.

Not to get into it, but for the Hobbyist wouldn't a regular tacking iron do a lot of what they want? You know, spot re-flattening instead of the full meal deal. And many hundreds cheaper. No?

tackingiron.jpg

No boardie-love for the lowly Tacking Iron 'round here? (shrug)

-------------

MintBestBuy.jpg

OhEmGeeeeejus! Stealing!!

-------------

MintBestBuy.jpg

I always liked this one.

Haven't they come out with the 11.0 yet?