• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

I was rebagging some books this weekend and came across this book from "The Kubert Collection" that I'd completely forgot about

a711e735-5622-4693-835d-45962dd70b3a_zpsjvfwdlv3.jpg

81dd5ae0-fcad-4ed0-bb15-60eea2900801_zpsx8817le2.jpg

Aside from some cover wear, this book is in great shape, so I'm not sure how many times a young Andy or Adam thumbed through this issue.

I bought this book at Motor City Comic Con sometime in the early 2000's, and really not sure how legit the COA is as I'm sure I could probably print something just as "authentic looking".

Either way, I didn't pay anywhere close to FMV for it and it's a neat little oddity.

Way too many nice books in this thread lately. Let's try a rougher example.

My latest auction winning, it ain't pretty, but it's mine:

Superboy068_zpsujwujwef.jpg

It may be rough, but it's a key issue. Wish I had a copy. Nice pickup.

It may be rough, but it's a key issue. Wish I had a copy. Nice pickup.

Agreed! Great book in any grade and great story.

(worship)

Thanks Steve!

I actually also had the good fortune to pick up Action Comics #245, which in addition to a great Superman tale, also has Congo Bill and T. Tomorrow as backup stories.

ACTNX_245_zps6vhzh6er.jpg

The colors on this book really pop! A Wonderful copy! Congrats! (worship)

Thanks Steve!

I actually also had the good fortune to pick up Action Comics #245, which in addition to a great Superman tale, also has Congo Bill and T. Tomorrow as backup stories.

ACTNX_245_zps6vhzh6er.jpg

The colors on this book really pop! A Wonderful copy! Congrats! (worship)

Thanks Steve,

Been adding some of the 50's era Superman to my collection.

Nice to see this thread active. (I almost went back and said "...see some ACTION in this thread, but thought better of it)

Sent my baby off to college, so I've got some free time. Here's a few new additions to the collection:

Action196_zpsf3umxnyd.jpg

2nd Supergirl:

Action253_zpsetjyqu72.jpg

Last month I posted first Bizarro with Superboy, how about the first Bizarro with SuperMAN?

Action254_zpsvyomdnwv.jpg

More Bizarro action:

Action263_zpssiaekpjx.jpg

Nice to see this thread active. (I almost went back and said "...see some ACTION in this thread, but thought better of it)

Sent my baby off to college, so I've got some free time. Here's a few new additions to the collection:

Action196_zpsf3umxnyd.jpg

No matter how long I've been collecting, and more specifically, how long I've been collecting the Superman family of books, I still get surprised with seeing a cover for the first time.

That's one of the things that makes it fun collecting the Superman titles...between the sheer volume of books published and the relative scarcity of the golden and early silver age stuff, there's always something new that I haven't been exposed to before!

Great cover! Thanks for posting.

Edited by tomo

I was rebagging some books this weekend and came across this book from "The Kubert Collection" that I'd completely forgot about

a711e735-5622-4693-835d-45962dd70b3a_zpsjvfwdlv3.jpg

81dd5ae0-fcad-4ed0-bb15-60eea2900801_zpsx8817le2.jpg

Aside from some cover wear, this book is in great shape, so I'm not sure how many times a young Andy or Adam thumbed through this issue.

I bought this book at Motor City Comic Con sometime in the early 2000's, and really not sure how legit the COA is as I'm sure I could probably print something just as "authentic looking".

Either way, I didn't pay anywhere close to FMV for it and it's a neat little oddity.

Pretty sure I sold that book. Its been a long time, but I bought a bunch (maybe a couple of long boxes) of these books from another dealer (maybe Lon at Dark Adventure?). I seem to remember that book. The collection had a bunch of really nice late silver/bronze, but not a ton of books worthy of grading. Seems like some of these books might have ended up on Heritage (not mine, but others from the collection) at some point. I am pretty sure they said "from the private collection of Joe Kubert".

Boy oh boy...1968 was a rough year to be around Superman.

If he wasn't killing random strangers at the beginning of the year...

4d7f83d3-f6df-48d2-89ef-8954ececfd2d_zpsvrab8zcn.jpg

...he was endangering or just plain murdering his closest friends...

S203_zps2uzjoknq.jpg

SGFLL81_zpshg9cjdj2.jpg

6956c054-0676-41de-8df7-fbc659b6789a_zpsjdqsi1ug.jpg

...to finally offing Batman as his trek to the dark side is complete!!

b70b20e9-c897-4adb-92a8-45dc535d39c9_zpsmaua9bca.jpg

This thread certainly could use a bump; no one's posted for over two months.

Picked this book up today in Yorba Linda in the OC at Terry's annual show. A real find; it's the nicest copy I've seen in quite some time and it's very hard to find decent copies.

Superman 127: First appearance of Titanto cover dated Feb. 1959:

001_9.jpg

Picked this book up today in Yorba Linda in the OC at Terry's annual show. A real find; it's the nicest copy I've seen in quite some time and it's very hard to find decent copies.

001_9.jpg

Always enjoy seeing DC from 1959; truly a world of treasures now lost in time. It took me ages to find a nice copy of this issue, too.

001_9.jpg

Always enjoy seeing DC from 1959; truly a world of treasures now lost in time. It took me ages to find a nice copy of this issue, too.

Thanks for the generous comment; so it wasn't my imagination. This book is truly hard to locate in a presentable grade. And it was cool getting it at a fair price, too.