• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 98. Deadpool appreciation.
2 2

664 posts in this topic

Very nice,and even in a top loader too! :applause:

It's only been in the top loader since the second I got my hands on it. :grin:

I love those top loaders,and have them on all my expensive raw books too. (thumbs u

I will submit it for sure. I do want to put it on PGM to see if my grading skills are as bad as I think they are, either way for me it's a collector's item not a flip so I'm happy! :whee:

Welcome to the boards. :applause:

I'm not really new, I just don't post a lot. I lurk, you welcomed me before though as well! Thanks, again!

Very nice,and even in a top loader too! :applause:

It's only been in the top loader since the second I got my hands on it. :grin:

I love those top loaders,and have them on all my expensive raw books too. (thumbs u

Anyone have a link to where I can order some of those top loaders. I only see them at cons and I usually have my hands too full to purchase a decent amount.

I was at the Cincinnati Comic Expo this weekend and I could barely go by a dealer's booth without seeing at least one of these. It is a medium(ish) sized show and had some decent artists and pop-culture guests.

Cincinnati Comic Expo

To the point though, I counted 63 copies of graded New Mutants 98, 45 of which were in greater than 9.2 and 23 were 9.8. :o

None were reasonably priced (i.e. within 10% of GPA). :sorry:

I was at a comic book auction last night and saw a raw NM/M copy sell for $460!

Crazy...

Yeah, someone sneaked upon me but that winner will have to pay 15% buyer's premium. Probably, the winner has to pay the sales tax onsite. I was not there but I set my maximum bid online.

Crazy...

Yeah, someone sneaked upon me but that winner will have to pay 15% buyer's premium. Probably, the winner has to pay the sales tax onsite. I was not there but I set my maximum bid online.

Another on-line bidder won it, so yeah, there will be another 15% premium added on. There were two disappointed bidders in the back of the room who were each looking to snag this copy for $300 max, and a bunch of other attendees murmuring that is was time to bring their copies up for sale after the hammer fell on this one!

It was definitely a sharp looking copy.

Crazy...

Another on-line bidder won it, so yeah, there will be another 15% premium added on. There were two disappointed bidders in the back of the room who were each looking to snag this copy for $300 max, and a bunch of other attendees murmuring that is was time to bring their copies up for sale after the hammer fell on this one!

They pretty much all are...

Crazy...

Were you looking closer to X-Factor #6? I won that book but I still preferred NM #98. Hopefully, X-Factor #6 is NM/M condition.

No... lived through the early 90's era so I still have all of my OO X-books from that time period, so I wasn't your competition. I didn't study the X-Factor #6 beforehand, but it appeared to be a pretty nice copy just from glancing at it.

I mostly collect older Superman books these days, so those are the books I was there for. It was a good night for the house though, as they had a buying crowd show up. Normally, I can walk away with twice as many Superman books for about what I paid for what I got.

Andy (who runs the store and the auctions) is a solid seller and stand-up guy. As his auctions are starting to attract a little more attention, the true bargains are getting harder to find. It sounds like has quite the barn-burner of an auction coming up in November, especially if you're an ASM collector.

It finally arrived from CGC.

Double cover - 9.8!

1st cover 9.6

2nd cover 9.8

20150918_190228_1_zpsywxtyhsy.jpg

Now THAT is very cool!

Not as cool as the 2.0 example (that's unique). But still cool nonetheless.

:applause:

Something even cooler is a graded 1.5 copy! I'm too lazy to look, but I think there is one.