• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

I won this beast tonight at ComicLink (By one dollar! At a quite painful $749) If anyone is looking for a copy of this book I've got one at CGC that will be coming up for sale as soon as I get it. I'm beyond psyched with this copy. I didn't have a White Mountain book in my main CGC run, so I'm happy to finally get one.

157598.jpg.99d88bdfbe8aa6a15932e262224f0c46.jpg

Rob

So happy for you my man on that infamous & coveted #69!!!

I'm not even trying to make you feel better by saying, that price is a good price for that issue and that copy.....cause if I did not have a #69 yet, Id pay that my man!! Great book!!

Congrats on one of the nicest 9.6s if seen of that book!!

Congrats on a striking #43 too!!

Rob

So happy for you my man on that infamous & coveted #69!!!

I'm not even trying to make you feel better by saying, that price is a good price for that issue and that copy.....cause if I did not have a #69 yet, Id pay that my man!! Great book!!

Congrats on one of the nicest 9.6s if seen of that book!!

Congrats on a striking #43 too!!

Yeah, at this point getting a KILLER White Mountain copy of this book is basically perfect. I love White Mountain books and the Daredevils have been in hiding up until recently.

Someone got a monster deal on the DD4 CGC 9.4. With The Purple Man playing a huge part in the Jessica Jones Netflix series, this book should have exceeded GPA significantly, not sell for $200 less than the last GPA sale in March.

Someone got a monster deal on the DD4 CGC 9.4. With The Purple Man playing a huge part in the Jessica Jones Netflix series, this book should have exceeded GPA significantly, not sell for $200 less than the last GPA sale in March.

That's crazy. The last one that sold at ComicLink sold for maybe $1700? I remember leaping to buy the Metro copy for $1350 after being the underbidder on the ComicLink copy.

I haven't followed the DD market for a while and am wondering why the #54 in CGC 9.4 sold for $375 in the CLink auction. Is there some movie connection that has driven the price up recently?

Mike

I don't think it's anything other than issues 54, 55 and 56 are tough in high grade and this title is seeing some lift is all. Would be curious if anyone else has better colour...Rob? Eric?

Edited by MintyMint

I haven't followed the DD market for a while and am wondering why the #54 in CGC 9.4 sold for $375 in the CLink auction. Is there some movie connection that has driven the price up recently?

Mike

I don't think it's anything other than issues 54, 55 and 56 are tough in high grade and this title is seeing some lift is all. Would be curious if anyone else has better colour...Rob? Eric?

that's it exactly. 54 and 55 were/are esecially tough for me. I just got a #54 in October of last year ($262 from Greg Reece,) and I still need a 55.

Definitely NOT the easiest to obtain in HG now! Totally true imho with this bump from show and just DD as a slightly underpriced character.

For me personally though, I bought all those years ago, like over 5.

And I recall seeing them (9.4s) quite regularly and priced fine.....except for #54.

Issue #54 is in my top 7 covers maybe, maybe 5 even.

Something about it like #18. I like the surreal, ominous eerie feel I guess. Colon did the cover.

Anyways, I remember waiting for a long damnn time for one to surface. At that time I was buying way more slabs than subbing. I don't remember seeing a 9.6 ever before my #54 came up on eBay I think it was. Since it was one of my fave covers - I would totally have justified buying a 9.6 copy over a 9.4.

Thanks, bro..... but as far as pure kick butt stories, the CA books were hard to beat.... and that went for almost every title from both publishers 2c ..... but I'll always have a soft spot for those mid to late 60's books..... I was a young fella then and that Mighty Marvel stuff just blew my mind. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... that Daredevil/ Black Widow run is very under rated in my book, however.

DD 54 has more relevance to a DD completionist. It is also on my list, but I can wait. Pretty nice raw copies of this already exist, they just haven't been submitted yet. There are a lot of other books like this in the series.

I think this was the beginning of the end of Karen Page.