• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

GPRG this Archie and Laugh books are Top Notch!!!!!! Nice snags!!! and Sqeggs you can't go wrong with an Early Pep brother that is a phenomenal example you picked up there!!

Thanks ... but tell me to stop now while there's still time!

Well I bit the bullet and went for it on these 2 in that recent Ebay sale. I presume some other of the Pep run ended up in the hands of boardies? I looked these over and feel pretty good overall. The 26 had a little more staining on the front than I had envisioned but the 36 is brilliant and clean. Bummer the cover is detached. Anyhow, here ya go.

Pep26.jpg

Pep36.jpg

Well I bit the bullet and went for it on these 2 in that recent Ebay sale. I presume some other of the Pep run ended up in the hands of boardies? I looked these over and feel pretty good overall. The 26 had a little more staining on the front than I had envisioned but the 36 is brilliant and clean. Bummer the cover is detached. Anyhow, here ya go.

Pep26.jpg

Pep36.jpg

:applause: those are two BIG bullets to bite!! pretty books!!

Pep26.jpg

Pep36.jpg

:applause: I so wanted that 26 ... but trust me I was out way before the end. Congrats... staining or no staining, it's an amazing book! And yes, shame about the 36 being detached, but seriously it's a beaut!

Im happy with both. Interesting that both books are available in comparable condition in Clink. Although who knows as mine are raw.

Just so it's clear that I'm not TOTALLY crazy throwing money around, I bowed out at $6100 on the Pep 34. :)

Pep26.jpg

Pep36.jpg

(worship):golfclap: Outstanding! Two of the key of MLJ keys !

Has this been the 'World Series' of the boards starting last night? BOOT kicked it off for me with the 'famous gang book of comics' in the Looney Tunes thread. And then GoldenPRguy, Sqeegs, Gator, 143ksk, Robot-Man, Comixcroz, and now Dannyboy. Just stellar examples of what being a "collector"' means. I just got out of the way and grabbed a lawn chair lol take a bow fellas, you are world class! :golfclap::golfclap:

Now There's a Zip Comics #32 CGC 8.0 on eBay from Sparkle City (classic Nazi skeletons cover). All the good stuff coming up at one time. This is the second highest graded after the Mile High. So glad i have this one already (a lowly 4.5, but i lover 'er). :cloud9:

Wonder where this one will hammer?

Damn fine price! I tried for a snipe but it jumped over 2k so fast my 1350 didn't even register. Who got it?

Now There's a Zip Comics #32 CGC 8.0 on eBay from Sparkle City (classic Nazi skeletons cover). All the good stuff coming up at one time. This is the second highest graded after the Mile High. So glad i have this one already (a lowly 4.5, but i lover 'er). :cloud9:

Wonder where this one will hammer?

Damn fine price! I tried for a snipe but it jumped over 2k so fast my 1350 didn't even register. Who got it?

Not me. I was stuck in a committee meeting and my snipe bid made me the underbidder. :frustrated:

Sorry if I missed it but anyone know what's going on with the 7.0 Archie 4 on ebay? Apologies if it's legit, but account hasn't been used in over a year and now this single big book pops up? 2 days left and it's at 30 bids but only $610 - obviously a $4k book or more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Archie-Comics-4-CGC-7-0-OWW-2nd-HIGHEST-MLJ-Bob-Montana-Tough-Issue/301732651337?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D33277%26meid%3D31c454afce3544818b063b4e06469657%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D301732651337