• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your San Francisco/Tom Reilly books
4 4

856 posts in this topic

I've always wondered if the first name on the Reilly stamp was 'Alfie'.

Maybe BLB can tell us what's it all about? :D

blb probably cain't. but i bet michael caine.

lol

Bob and bud plant would be able to answer that in a minute, John Barrett passed away. For me the sf collection was unlike any other collection I have ever seen in terms of. Quality , I also liked gary's ec comic book San Fran comic book collection

Edited by Mmehdy

If the board would consider resuming his postiing privileges even on " double secert probation"... I bet you would get a quick response

But not a short response, nor a response of a person of integrity or honesty. So thanks, but I'm okay with never knowing for sure (and really, we know he doesn't know the answer, or we'd all know what it said for sure).

It says Tom...anyone who squints their eyes can see that...it's not a difficult thing to see...just written in a difficult -script...

If I spent so much time hunting snakes in the Arizona sun, I'd be squinting, too. :D

If the board would consider resuming his postiing privileges even on " double secert probation"... I bet you would get a quick response

But not a short response, nor a response of a person of integrity or honesty. So thanks, but I'm okay with never knowing for sure (and really, we know he doesn't know the answer, or we'd all know what it said for sure).

His answer would be important for this thead and a number of others, it's a shame this part of history will be lost... The collection was anazing

His answer would be important for this thead and a number of others, it's a shame this part of history will be lost... The collection was anazing

I'm sure his views won't be lost to history.

BLB has enough internet postings to fill the Encyclopedia Britannica 3 times over.

We look for snakes at night in AZ...on roads...in a car...Mr. Jones... :taptaptap:

If I spent so much time hunting snakes at night, I'd be squinting, too. :D

..... you'd rather spend your nights hunting for the "burrow" that the snake goes INTO :baiting: ....... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

BLB has enough internet postings to fill the Encyclopedia Britannica 3 times over.

The history that bob has lived , and researched is not replaceable. Every conversation I have had with bob I learn something and my jaw drops. We were the Wild West pioneers that helped fandom get rolling in California , for example. Comics and comics was the first multi chain comic book shop with 4 locations thanks to the Tom Riley money from the sale of the collection.

Edited by Mmehdy

problem is you'd need a ten volume interpretation companion to go with the 3 volumes :tonofbricks:

The history that bob has lived , and researched is not replaceable. Every conversation I have had with bob I learn something and my jaw drops. We were the Wild West pioneers that helped fandom get rolling in California , for example. Comics and comics was the first multi chain comic book shop with 4 locations thanks to the Tom Riley money from the sale of the collection.

I respect your place in early fandom, I do. But Bob's whole situation is well documented. From my POV not much point in beating this dead horse, no?

I respect your place in early fandom, I do. But Bob's whole situation is well documented. From my POV not much point in beating this dead horse, no?

Right. As a practical matter, it's not in the power of people on this board to allow BLB back on. That's up to Arch.

Can we, uh, just get back to posting pics of SF books? This arguing just goes around in circles and eats up what little cyberspace is left...

Once you get west of the Pecos, there's tons of room.