• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,491 posts in this topic

Here's my copy of Teen-Age Diary Secrets 7 (note CGC screwed up the title, as they typically do, so the census is off). Harshly graded, I think. Sold to me raw as a 7.5, which seemed reasonable to me ... but not to the graders!

2015-08-31-0002_zpsovelym7s.jpg

Yeah, and there is some tearing at the staple, but I think it's about the nicest 3.5 you will ever see. Not that I'm prejudiced or anything! :D

Just for fun, I took a look at the census. Teen-Age Diary Secrets 7 has no copies listed. There are three graded copies of "Diary Secrets 7" but there ain't no such book, unless I'm confused about something.

Yeah, and there is some tearing at the staple, but I think it's about the nicest 3.5 you will ever see. Not that I'm prejudiced or anything! :D

Just for fun, I took a look at the census. Teen-Age Diary Secrets 7 has no copies listed. There are three graded copies of "Diary Secrets 7" but there ain't no such book, unless I'm confused about something.

I used to track 7 & 9. I picked up my 9 in the 1990s, then it took me a decade to find a 7. Once I found a 7 it seemed like they came out of the woodwork and I've now seen probably a half-dozen or so of them. The 9 hasn't been quite as "common".

Here's my copy of Teen-Age Diary Secrets 7 (note CGC screwed up the title, as they typically do, so the census is off). Harshly graded, I think. Sold to me raw as a 7.5, which seemed reasonable to me ... but not to the graders!

You got cheated!

Ain't it the truth!

I used to track 7 & 9. I picked up my 9 in the 1990s, then it took me a decade to find a 7. Once I found a 7 it seemed like they came out of the woodwork and I've now seen probably a half-dozen or so of them. The 9 hasn't been quite as "common".

Again, the census lists the 9 under Diary Secrets rather than Teen-Age Diary Secrets. Only two there -- a 6.0 and a 4.0.

Beautiful Church books there, Squeggs

Thanks, Ed. Mr. Church's collection was spotty in the romance department. So I'm happy to pick up a couple in nice condition.

These are major purchases. M A J O R. You've come a long ways, grasshopper. Quite the sweet romance collection you've got going on, buddy.

You keep this up and it'll be your house first, Fallingwater second!

Beautiful Church books there, Squeggs

Thanks, Ed. Mr. Church's collection was spotty in the romance department. So I'm happy to pick up a couple in nice condition.

These are major purchases. M A J O R. You've come a long ways, grasshopper. Quite the sweet romance collection you've got going on, buddy.

You keep this up and it'll be your house first, Fallingwater second!

With a blessing from Dr. Love, I'm starting to feel like a true romance collector!

That has happen more than once to me and i hate it lots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People also seem to think we are going through a tight period with CGC grading, so maybe that contributed to it.

Here are the grader notes:

Bottom Spine Chip Out

Right Top Interior Small Multiple Tear

Staple Multiple Recessed

Top Front Cover Small Lite Multiple Crease

Given the book's appearance (the back is equally nice), that's a 3.5?!?

It may be the small multiple interior tears that brought it down, but they sure looked like a production defect to me.

People also seem to think we are going through a tight period with CGC grading, so maybe that contributed to it.

Here are the grader notes:

Bottom Spine Chip Out

Right Top Interior Small Multiple Tear

Staple Multiple Recessed

Top Front Cover Small Lite Multiple Crease

Given the book's appearance (the back is equally nice), that's a 3.5?!?

It may be the small multiple interior tears that brought it down, but they sure looked like a production defect to me.

..... it almost seems to scream "clerical error" if ever anything did. That's beyond tight...... which for that book, "tight" would be 7.0 (or better). GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u