• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

Some randomness for sales of this book:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICRONAUTS-1-HI-GRADE-BILL-MANTLO-1ST-ISSUE-/391231528791?hash=item5b17375f57

maybe mentioning bill mantlo pushed it past $20?

That was such a great book at the time. The first 12 issues stand up to anything that was being published. Golden was doing some beautiful promo pieces that Marvel was running as ads in different books & it was just beautiful stuff. Then the book comes out & it's got a generic Cockrum cover on it. I like Cockrum, but Golden was just amazing at the time.

And it's a way cool cover.

I prefer #56 . . . just sayin' :whistle:

Kane and Starlin were great Bronze Age cover artists.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICRONAUTS-1-HI-GRADE-BILL-MANTLO-1ST-ISSUE-/391231528791?hash=item5b17375f57

That was such a great book at the time. The first 12 issues stand up to anything that was being published. Golden was doing some beautiful promo pieces that Marvel was running as ads in different books & it was just beautiful stuff. Then the book comes out & it's got a generic Cockrum cover on it. I like Cockrum, but Golden was just amazing at the time.

One of my favourite runs ever...

As an aside, you should check out many of Golden's Micronauts covers while wearing the old red/green 3-D glasses... A lot of them reproduce 3-D effects, which is something I've never really seen with other artists.

And no, I haven't been scanning my entire collection while wearing cardboard glasses... This was a topic of some discussion in the days when these were first coming out.

Maybe old news but I found this interesting...

Completed copies of Spotlight #32 9.6's selling for $250+ & 9.2's selling for $140ish... :insane:

Those are Spotlight #28's.

:facepalm:

Typo fail. I fixed it.

Awesome. I couldn't get $5 for VF - VF/NM copies of that book a few years ago so I decided to not try to sell them and allow my hoard to age like a fine wine.

Who knows, right? Has anyone here ever been excited to see come to market a comic that you've wanted for ages? It appears and you think, "That one is mine!" Maybe someone just wanted it quite badly. Who knows, right? :shrug:

Who knows, right? Has anyone here ever been excited to see come to market a comic that you've wanted for ages? It appears and you think, "That one is mine!" Maybe someone just wanted it quite badly. Who knows, right? :shrug:

yeah, i just want some bidding on the one i have up. please.

Interesting. That is just a lowly direct edition as well. I am too lazy to look, but there should be a bit of a premium for the newsstand copies, right?

Interesting. That is just a lowly direct edition as well. I am too lazy to look, but there should be a bit of a premium for the newsstand copies, right?

'should be' is strong. "occasionally is" is more apt.