• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UNCANNY INHUMANS/INHUMAN/KARNAK Thread

83 posts in this topic

Who else is collecting/reading this modern run of Inhumans?

Great writing, and the Joe Mad Artwork on the first few issues was spectacular. McNiven on Uncanny #0 was great too. Supposedly the new ongoing "Uncanny Inhumans" will have some real long term ramifications towards the future of the Marvel Universe.

Here is a pic of my stash, none slabbed yet.

157429.jpg.51a5cc83875065f034af2e0e0d25a656.jpg

157430.jpg.0a839eb10bdca7881d40dcd89f1ff9ff.jpg

157431.jpg.12852eaa2b5281c5b111c040bfbf7be2.jpg

157432.jpg.8442465c7dbd66986aaa97b423d08fd7.jpg

157433.jpg.e6a7f419a587fd12e70940b83fae409d.jpg

Edited by UltraMaximus

I am, just recently discovered, and it’s one of the very few new Marvel titles I like. (thumbs u

Soule is a very versatile writer. There are elements I don’t like, but I am truly a Marvel age purist, and compared to 90% of their writers, his writing is really outstanding.

Out of curiosity, why did you choose to pick (in most cases) the variants alone?

The cover to #7 is so beautiful. Love your #6 variant cover, anyway, especially after reading the story, which was great. :)

I am, just recently discovered, and it’s one of the very few new Marvel titles I like. (thumbs u

Soule is a very versatile writer. There are elements I don’t like, but I am truly a Marvel age purist, and compared to 90% of their writers, his writing is really outstanding.

I think he is talented, and cannot wait to see where Uncanny takes us down the rabbit hole.

Out of curiosity, why did you choose to pick (in most cases) the variants alone?

The cover to #7 is so beautiful. Love your #6 variant cover, anyway, especially after reading the story, which was great. :)

I usually go for the variant solely for Print Run unless there is no variant available. I am still looking for a Inhuman #1 1:50 Ramos Variant to complete the set, and also have a 2nd Printing of #1!

#1 Is the first appearance of LASH, who will be making his 1st MCU appearance on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in season 3.

For Uncanny Inhumans, I only wanted the 1:50's and 1:100 Variants for the superior artwork and the rarity of course.

Those covers alone make me want to pick tis series up.

Joe Madureira does this to almost every book he touches. Just wish they would keep him on a book for more than 3 issues.

Such a good read all the way through, the Annual closes the Inhuman series down nicely, and Uncanny #0 set up a fresh, hopefully long, story arc.

While I understand the desiderabilty of the limited print run, in this case I find most of the regular covers better. The Manara one is ugly, said from an italian which used to appreciate his art.

The only ones I like are those to #6 and #7 (#7 because I like well done Deadpool "peeking in" covers… lol ).

Madureira… I remember when he started and man he really did not know anatomy. Now is better, I quite enjoyed the first issues, but liked a lot more Stegman and Pepe Larraz.

I have yet to finish to read the series (I miss #9 and #10) but I have read Uncanny Inhumans #0 and there are various things which leave me perplexed… I honestly hope Soule (pushed by Marvel?) does not abuse of this time-travel device.

I was also perplexed about Medusa and Black Bolt's characterization and what happens (you know what) also leaves me pretty dubious… Let's see… hm

FYI, Inhuman #1 is the first appearance of Lash, soon to be on the SHIELD show. It's not yet noted on the CGC label however. I will probably send in my copies with a label update request.

Looks like the one to own in that run is the Campbell variant cover with Medusa on it.

-J.

FYI, Inhuman #1 is the first appearance of Lash, soon to be on the SHIELD show. It's not yet noted on the CGC label however. I will probably send in my copies with a label update request.

Looks like the one to own in that run is the Campbell variant cover with Medusa on it.

-J.

Also the introduction and first appearance of Dante (which takes the name of Inferno in issue 2) – Soule introduces a lot of characters, and it’s all done very well. (thumbs u

-J.

Also the introduction and first appearance of Dante (which takes the name of Inferno in issue 2) – Soule introduces a lot of characters, and it’s all done very well. (thumbs u

Good catch on that. I think the "other company" lists both first appearances on the labels already.

CGC needs to get with it. lol

-J.

Yes there are going to be 2 Inhumans team titles.

Uncanny Inhumans

All-New Inhumans

I did not know about the second one… Not surprising to see it will feature Crystal. When I saw a number of the new characters introduced by Soule were powerful elementals (have you noticed that?) I immediately thought of Crystal and her power over all elements. Let’s hope they keep the quality consistent!