• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

There was a batman 1 new 52 in there? Weird because who would forget about such a recent pile of good comics.

That's exactly what I said when I saw the contents of the box. Who would leave this behind? There was a few other New 52 comics in there, there was a Batman #4 1:25 Variant, Suicide Squad #6 & 7 Nightwing #2 & 4, Justice Leage #1 5th & 6th prints & #2.

You're just fishing for us to ask for more details, right? Ok you win. Pics, list, lets hear the details!

Nice of your coworker and good of you to be open with him.

If you go back 1 page, I posted pictures of all the notable Comics I got from that haul.

Many thanks! Nice pickup and you both did the right thing.

You're just fishing for us to ask for more details, right? Ok you win. Pics, list, lets hear the details!

Nice of your coworker and good of you to be open with him.

If you go back 1 page, I posted pictures of all the notable Comics I got from that haul.

Many thanks! Nice pickup and you both did the right thing.

I agree! Congrats!!

So I've been down in VA for the past week on holiday with the wife visiting her family and whatnot. We road trip down there every year so I usually take the opportunity to go comic hunting at various antique malls / flea markets. Well I went to my usual spots which have provided me with some good finds in the past, and they were all a bust. I didn't get a single comic in VA. The comics I found were highly over priced or just drek. However I planned out in advance a couple antique malls to hit in Pennsylvania on the drive back north to Canada. One of them was supposed to be open Sat/Sun but was closed for whatever reason when we went. The second one was a hit though. Tons of comic books. Not much of what I was looking for however, and many in poor condition, but I managed to pick out a small haul from the junk they had. Nothing amazing, paid $20 for the lot, decent shape. My wife made out better than I did scoring 4-5 vintage Wagner Ware and Griswold cast iron skillets for great prices. Her hobby is turning old rusty cast iron into shiny black good as new cast iron.

Cq0U7SJ.jpg

I found these yesterday... and I had the greatest time searching ....

Walt Disney Productions Feb. 25th, 1934

IMG_0043_zpsnymogiff.jpg

IMG_0039_zpsz6nqpghe.jpg

IMG_0042_zpsz5vb2kgc.jpg

Walt Disney Productions May 15th, 1938

IMG_0044_zpst5sl90rl.jpg

IMG_0045_zpse8yctqzz.jpg

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

picked this lot today.. The 1st is a DC special rack, I didnt see anything too special about it but seller said they were given away to stores by DC.. Then there are 4 regular displays and 2 swivel ones

IMG_5652.jpg

IMG_5654.jpg

IMG_5656.jpg

Wow! I have been looking for a single spinner rack for years and I have yet to even see a single one for sale in the wild....

Do you need a spray gun to paint it properly? I don't know much about this stuff but hearing that I may re-think buying one of them.

rattle can of spray paint does the trick. Just do a few light coats & don't try to get full coverage on the 1st pass. Paint like you don't want it to run (follow the instructions on the back of the can for distance/speed of passes/flash-off time/etc) and you're golden. It's what I did with the slightly rusted one I picked up.

Just take it apart before you start. The rack part comes off the post & the actual spinner mechanism comes apart in probably 3 pieces (the middle part of the sandwich that looks like a ring of ball bearings, just toss them in a little bucket with some WD-40 in it & any corrosion on the bearings should go away too) & paint everything separately.

Edited by Doktor

Do you need a spray gun to paint it properly? I don't know much about this stuff but hearing that I may re-think buying one of them.

rattle can of spray paint does the trick. Just do a few light coats & don't try to get full coverage on the 1st pass. Paint like you don't want it to run (follow the instructions on the back of the can for distance/speed of passes/flash-off time/etc) and you're golden. It's what I did with the slightly rusted one I picked up.

Just take it apart before you start. The rack part comes off the post & the actual spinner mechanism comes apart in probably 3 pieces (the middle part of the sandwich that looks like a ring of ball bearings, just toss them in a little bucket with some WD-40 in it & any corrosion on the bearings should go away too) & paint everything separately.

Not really planning on selling them, but does anyone know whats the market (for lack of better terms) value is for the rack stands (not swivel ones)?

It was a cool little pick up, I also picked up 2 large 1991 inflatable Spider-Man & Wolverine figures

There was a batman 1 new 52 in there? Weird because who would forget about such a recent pile of good comics.

That's exactly what I said when I saw the contents of the box. Who would leave this behind? There was a few other New 52 comics in there, there was a Batman #4 1:25 Variant, Suicide Squad #6 & 7 Nightwing #2 & 4, Justice Leage #1 5th & 6th prints & #2.

maybe the owner got bitten by a zombie or something and never got back to his/her comics. sad.