• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gold Key
2 2

501 posts in this topic

Gotcha.

Like many say and I concur, there a unfortunately a good amount of Gold Key books that have awesome or stunning cover work, cool painted pics, or photo covers.....but either stories lack and or interior art is blah.

No matter the case, I love Gold Keys and you always have some butes!

Here are scans of six of my Man from U.N.C.L.E. comics:

14-11-2011120716AM-1.jpg

14-11-2011120719AM-1.jpg

14-11-2011120722AM-1.jpg

15-11-201163136PM.jpg

15-11-201163152PM.jpg

24-06-2012112042PM.jpg

:cool:

I loved that show as a kid. As I remember, though, it came on at 10 pm and I would sometimes fall asleep in the middle of it. zzz

Have you tried watching the show again these days on DVD? If so, has it held up, i.e. is it just as interesting now as it was for you then?

???

You know, I have meant to track it down and watch some episodes but have never gotten around to it. I'm guessing that it probably won't hold up. I was caught up in the James Bond craze in those days. My best friend and I went to see Goldfinger five times. So I think my threshold for a spy show to be entertaining was probably pretty low.

Wow - Christmas season was the last daylight this thread saw!!

Well here are two butes I just got back from the onsite work of CCS=>CGC yesterday at the Chicago shows.

(I bought the George of the Jungle from WW a few months ago and the Turok off an eBay auction surprisingly enough. It was advertised as a sharp NM......and that it is:)

D1BBC74B-8ED5-4717-A836-A2DDD6ACFFE3_zpstze89mpt.jpg

Wow - Christmas season was the last daylight this thread saw!!

Well here are two butes I just got back from the onsite work of CCS=>CGC yesterday at the Chicago shows.

(I bought the George of the Jungle from WW a few months ago and the Turok off an eBay auction surprisingly enough. It was advertised as a sharp NM......and that it is:)

D1BBC74B-8ED5-4717-A836-A2DDD6ACFFE3_zpstze89mpt.jpg

I see that CGC is still labelling the Turok Giant as having both a slick and paper cover version. The paper cover version does not exist...

Gotcha.

Like many say and I concur, there a unfortunately a good amount of Gold Key books that have awesome or stunning cover work, cool painted pics, or photo covers.....but either stories lack and or interior art is blah.

No matter the case, I love Gold Keys and you always have some butes!

Try reading Turok. Great covers and great stories. I also recommend the Frank Thorne drawn Mighty Samson issues and anything that Alberto Giolitti drew...