• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

Got my Nintendo Power magazines graded as a gift to my cousin, who introduced me to comics, videogames, and the whole concept of "mint condition" in the first place.

Ironically, for a guy who was so into keeping trading cards and comics mint, his eight-year-old self didn't do a great job with keeping his Fun Club and Nintendo Power #1 issues mint ;)

Full story at the Nintendo Power thread!

And apologies in advance for the low grades for CGC's first NP issues graded ever. We were very very young.

NP034_zpskxgkpllr.jpg

NP035_zpsbo2d3tbx.jpg

NP036_zpscqqe6hna.jpg

:applause: I used to have all those and I gave them all away doh!

Got my Nintendo Power magazines graded as a gift to my cousin, who introduced me to comics, videogames, and the whole concept of "mint condition" in the first place.

Ironically, for a guy who was so into keeping trading cards and comics mint, his eight-year-old self didn't do a great job with keeping his Fun Club and Nintendo Power #1 issues mint ;)

And apologies in advance for the low grades for CGC's first NP issues graded ever. We were very very young.

NP034_zpskxgkpllr.jpg

NP035_zpsbo2d3tbx.jpg

NP036_zpscqqe6hna.jpg

I still have a bunch of these boxed up with my original NES and games. Are they worth anything now?

NP034_zpskxgkpllr.jpg

NP035_zpsbo2d3tbx.jpg

NP036_zpscqqe6hna.jpg

I still have a bunch of these boxed up with my original NES and games. Are they worth anything now?

The #1 is still pretty popular on eBay. I haven't seen many Fun Club issues. Maybe not quite as well known or liked?

NP034_zpskxgkpllr.jpg

NP035_zpsbo2d3tbx.jpg

NP036_zpscqqe6hna.jpg

The #1 is still pretty popular on eBay. I haven't seen many Fun Club issues. Maybe not quite as well known or liked?

I tried finding the Mike Tyson Fun Club Issue to get signed by Mike Tyson, but only found one that was very water damaged.

As a few already know... VERY disappointed in this:

Emailing Heritage tomorrow with the scan now that it is in hand. I was going to have another guess the grade contest but will be excluding this from the other received items. I have more coming back and will use those...

I put it up for sale at someone's suggestion but will most likely be looking to return it.

CaptainAmerica48cgc50c2a.jpg