• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
42 42

9,430 posts in this topic

Is there a CRYPT thread? I couldn't fine one ...

20150826_182746.jpg

20150826_182716.jpg

20150826_182809.jpg

In April and June 1954, highly publicized Congressional subcommittee hearings on the effects of comic books upon children left the industry shaken. With the subsequent imposition of a highly restrictive Comics Code, EC Comics publisher Bill Gaines cancelled Tales from the Crypt.

I don't usually post here, but I recently got these on the bay...to finish my Archie Sci-fi cover collection. OK, everybody say "Ho-Hum"...

119nmro.jpg

m79ruu.jpg

"Ho-Hum"??? (shrug)

:news: Archie is a Mainstay and very relaxing to read, not serious or violent, just FUN.

When I started reading comics back in the early 60's it was Archie and Harvey Comics.

When I went to the used book store in the local farmers market back in the 70's they would have tables of coverless/remainder copies, 15 for $1.00 and I always bought a pile of Archie/Harvey. to read.

Keep collecting and posting the good stuff!!! (thumbs u

Edited by marvelmaniac