• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

Well, we've all been there...trying to get our bid in last minute and having some sort of issue. These are definitely error copies that most people wouldn't even recognize, especially if there's not a regular issue to compare with. Nearly every copy I've ever found of this (outside of eBay) was never labeled as "error" and was just in with all the other back-issue Solson TMNT comics.

I've also had luck with just buying bulk lots of Mirage, Image, Solson, etc. comics at comic-shop closings (similar to an estate sale). You get a lot of junk stuff that way but there can be gems like errors or even signed comics. Over the years, I've found some of the best TMNT stuff in comic book shops and storage facility auctions from small mid-western US towns. Not sure why exactly.

I FINALLY finished a set I've been working on for a few years. Here's Tales of the TMNT volume 1 complete. This series in criminally underrated in my opinion.

th_TalesoftheTMNT1SS96.jpgth_Tales%20of%20the%20TMNT%202%20SS.jpgth_TalesoftheTMNT3SS.jpgth_TalesoftheTMNT4SS.jpgth_TalesoftheTMNT5SS.jpgth_TalesoftheTMNT6SS.jpgth_Tales%20of%20the%20TMNT%207%20SS.jpg

2-7 are all 9.8 SS. #1 started life as a Universal 9.8 and it got signed twice and graded as a 9.6 SS. I KNEW it had to be a mistake, so I had it signed a third time and once again it came back a 9.6 SS. I'll try my luck if Jim Lawson ever does a show I attend. I swear it's the nicest 9.6 I've ever seen.

Now those are pretty! My personal favorite series. The cover to #4 is in my top 3 of all time...I love the muted colors. Many of these were some of the first TMNT comics I ever bought. Seeing them always takes me back. Great set my man. Best of luck in getting that #1 back to a 9.8....but that doesn't detract at all from the set IMO.

lol High grade on Turtles #1-6 are NOT easy to find. (unless you're talking about VF or better.)

Had no intention of repeating the same mistake twice, albeit to a much lesser extent since it would appear that even early TMNT virtually exists in nothing except high grade.

So, are you saying they are easy to find in VF or better, as your comment appears to be a bit contradictory? (shrug)

Got these back today at WW Chicago via CCS=>CGC. Needless to say - I'm thrilled!!

I have Mycomicbookshop to thank for the #24s and the Regular Ed. #1.

The "Awesome Con" Ed. #1, a very kind and fellow TMNT brethren of an ebay seller, actually sold me his personal copy. I felt bad since he never thought he'd sell it, nor did I know ever know this prior. I made an offer for it upon receiving some scans of his #1s and he stated:

"No intention of selling, but if that is what you are actually offering, I could have every intention of selling:)"

These books helped me complete my quest of 9.8 copies for all 5 editions of #1 :acclaim:

To own the last issue (two editions) ot this fun book since the kids and I have watched the cartoon together since day 1, plus they just wanted to help me collect this title since my love for a TMNT must be very apparent :cloud9:

E2B227F1-EF75-469A-A932-AC54EE2D2D11_zps8ibtciyi.jpg

Hey guys i have some graded ninja turtle comics if anyone is interested. im having a hard time uploading pictures so i made a youtube video instead. i also have turtlemania silver proof cover. please let me know if anyone is interested thanks

Just FYI you said in the video that the TMNT #1 is a second print. It has blood in the T so it's gotta be a third print.

Hey guys i have some graded ninja turtle comics if anyone is interested. im having a hard time uploading pictures so i made a youtube video instead. i also have turtlemania silver proof cover. please let me know if anyone is interested thanks

Nice pickup for $100. Love the proof too. You said you had a gold Turtlemania. Could you share a pic or youtube of it? What # out of 10 is it?

:applause:

Nice pickup for $100. Love the proof too. You said you had a gold Turtlemania. Could you share a pic or youtube of it? What # out of 10 is it?

+1