• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS #1

967 posts in this topic

The last GPA 9.6 sale was at $600. I wonder if it can hit $1000 closer to the movie as well. That would likely mean $3000 for a 9.8.
:wishluck: The real question is will the prices rise, stay put or fall after the movie?

As long as they keep a steady stream of movies coming out I do not see them pulling back to far. In fact, it could end up being similar to the relatively abundant movie related books like Avengers 1, X-Men 1 or IH 181 - big jump for movie then slow and steady (except for IH 181 in low to mid grades - they have gapped up again over the past year).

As long as they keep a steady stream of movies coming out I do not see them pulling back to far. In fact, it could end up being similar to the relatively abundant movie related books like Avengers 1, X-Men 1 or IH 181 - big jump for movie then slow and steady (except for IH 181 in low to mid grades - they have gapped up again over the past year).

.... and, of course, this will depend on how good the movie is and whether it is embraced by teens and twenty somethings as a "collectible" franchise. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.... generally, speculators will start selling close to the movie and during it. This can sometimes flood the market. I would expect this book to settle into a 2K level for 9.8's with spikes for copies with great PQ and QP. After that, a slow and steady rise may occur.

The last GPA 9.6 sale was at $600. I wonder if it can hit $1000 closer to the movie as well. That would likely mean $3000 for a 9.8.
Just as a rule of thumb, but by all means, not etched into stone, but a 9.6 usually equates to half of its 9.8 counterpart. So while the 9.8 is at 2k, you could view it as the 9.6 has some untapped potential

Someone hit the BIN. It's listed under the registry set for Stinkowhiff. I sent him a PM and asked the eBay seller to reply through the boards. I am guessing I won't hear back.
I would be genuinely shocked if he replied on here.

In a weak moment a few years back I let my Star Wars 1-107 run plus annuals go on eBay. Most of those issues were my spinner rack picks as a youngster. Seeing so many vol 1 Star Wars comics in Baltimore this weekend brought back feelings of regret. ? There were some really nice #1's.

so is this thread like the other owner club threads or just a discussion about the sales of the book? I've read the whole thing and it seems that it has morphed into people talking about sales more often than posting their copies.

For many of us who collected in the 1970s, this book was pretty common and everyone bought a copy when it came out. Still have mine though it is nothing super high grade.

just curious

There's no reason we can't talk about both here.

If you have one to show off, show it off.

Priceless!

It's amazing because mine probably had those same corner dings! Read it like it was the only Star Wars you could get your hands on at the time (besides the trading cards). You kids and your VCRs watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Raindeer in the summertime! Again, priceless! Awesome book you got there!