• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Supergirl Leads Social Media Buzz Among New Fall Shows

According to ListenFirst’s Digital Audience Ratings system, Supergirl has accrued 15.5 million engagements on Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Tumblr, Wikipedia and YouTube since the show was announced during CBS’s up-fronts. The only other freshman series that comes even close to touching Supergirl is Fox’s horror comedy Scream Queens, with 14.3 million.

It should be noted that social media engagement is not a metric typically used by a network to determine whether or not a series is renewed or canceled. All the social media buzz in the world won’t mean much if the majority of audiences decide to flip the channel and watch Gotham instead of Supergirl during the series’ shared time slot.

I'm rewatching the Supergirl pilot.

- There is a 'Men In Black' type organization that is meant to deal with alien invaders.

- It turns out when Kara makes her way to Earth, she brought a Phantom Zone prison ship along accidentally.

- The ship was loaded with prisoners sent there due to the danger they posed.

- Kara's mom was the judge that sentenced them all.

:o

I think it would be better if Supergirl and Gotham didn't compete with one another. This show could be a real threat in pulling audiences in as regulars.

Edited by Bosco685

I think the lead girl is a perfect fit - but the biggest potential problem with this show is that in todays society, violence against women is (quite rightly) absolutely taboo.

Take the shot earlier in the thread of Supergirl being held by the throat - can you see anymore violence in this show than that?

She isn't going to be kicked senseless in Ep#1.....

I appreciate that this is a good thing!

However, and here is my concern, the lack of violence/grittiness/edge really limits the market audience. Anyone in their teens may just find this too wishy-washy, whilst young children may find the multi-villain plots confusing (I read 9 already in season one in this thread - yes?)

I guess this show needs to decide from day 1 wether its a mum/dad/lil kids and apple pie show, or something harder.

A mix of both would be a disaster. DC needs a win here, for it's entire Universe.

Fingers crossed for a clear target audience from Ep #1.

I think the lead girl is a perfect fit - but the biggest potential problem with this show is that in todays society, violence against women is (quite rightly) absolutely taboo.

Take the shot earlier in the thread of Supergirl being held by the throat - can you see anymore violence in this show than that?

She isn't going to be kicked senseless in Ep#1.....

I appreciate that this is a good thing!

However, and here is my concern, the lack of violence/grittiness/edge really limits the market audience. Anyone in their teens may just find this too wishy-washy, whilst young children may find the multi-villain plots confusing (I read 9 already in season one in this thread - yes?)

I guess this show needs to decide from day 1 wether its a mum/dad/lil kids and apple pie show, or something harder.

A mix of both would be a disaster. DC needs a win here, for it's entire Universe.

Fingers crossed for a clear target audience from Ep #1.

Seriously? 9? Wow, WB's really likes to pile on all the villain's early. :facepalm:

I'm so excited for this show - she's gonna rock as Supergirl.

I do wish they'd done a turner style costume - blue skirt :)

hm

I remember discussing this earlier in the thread... Cheerleader Chic (thumbs u

Having thought about it, I don't think a Turner style costume would be practical for a live action show...