• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FEAR TWD TV SHOW --- Official Discussion Thread

285 posts in this topic

i like the show and i can see myself getting to love it in the future. what i like about it is the fact that i don't know any of these charcters. yes, the show started slow and boring but it had to set up characters and how the world was before everything went to mess. we do get to hear that in other states have reported the samething happing to them. i do think we going to be moving really has in time within the next couple of episodes.

The Walking Dead is the number #1 show on TV and IMO will remain the number #1 show for many years.

Which sources show ratings for broadcast television and cable together? I only see them separately listed, so I've never been sure how AMC or HBO shows compare to the networks. Historically network television has had higher ratings--are you sure the Walking Dead has higher ratings than Monday Night Football?

The Walking Dead is the number #1 show on TV and IMO will remain the number #1 show for many years.

Which sources show ratings for broadcast television and cable together? I only see them separately listed, so I've never been sure how AMC or HBO shows compare to the networks. Historically network television has had higher ratings--are you sure the Walking Dead has higher ratings than Monday Night Football?

There were several times last season I remember reading that Walking Dead beat Sunday Night Football quite handily head-to-head in the ratings. However, I don't recall it ever being compared to MNF.

Seems people were watching 2 different shows by the reviews.

Very disappointing.

The -script was very poor, and other than the last 5 minutes was an utter snore-fest.

Thank god it's a mini-series.

Cannot get over how bad the -script and actors were.

Was there a rule in place where they could only utter 6 or 7 word sentences?

3/10 - for the last 5 minutes.....

Beige,

Good comments and I understand your concerns. Fear only has 5 more episodes this season and I'm confident that you will be happy with the show after we all watch the remainder of the season. I'm really looking forward to next season when we have 16 episodes. Between Fear and the Walking Dead we can look forward to 32 episodes a year.

Well the ratings were incredible. In fact Fear the Walking Dead became the No. 1 rated cable series launch of all time with 10.1 million viewers, including 6.3 million adults between the ages of 18-49. The previous record in the 18-49 demo was Better Call Saul with 4.4 million viewers. The show will most likely become a hit.

Season 1 will be 6 episodes which is the same as Season 1 of the Walking Dead. Fear has already been renewed for season 2 which will consist of 16 episodes.

This is great news guys. The Walkind Dead is hot and will remain hot for a long time. 10 million people watching the first episode is huge and who knows if this show takes off don't be surprised to see a third show.

Fair enough Ray - FTR, I watch Walking Dead religiously and started reading the comics probably from 2006 iirc.

I quite like the product. I even enjoyed the slow season 2!

But the dialogue just felt, I dunno, contrived, and written in a hurry. It certainly wasn't at the standard of the Original show.

I'll certainly watch next week - but I'd also ask the question - if this was not made by Kirkman, and instead some other company, would people still be so optimistic about an upturn in this show?

Certainly not a hater - but very disappointed at how it started. Happy to see it improve.

International media responses are interesting.

Forgive the link to this rag masquerading as a newspaper, but it combined a few sources....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3209075/Fear-Walking-Dead-kicks-zombie-pace-fails-impress-critics-plodding-episode.html

Lets see where we are in a weeks time!

I think your correct. I tried to find the ratings for broadcast and cable together but I could not find any information. I do know that NBC Sunday Night Football was the number 1 broadcast TV show last year averaging a little over 21 million people a week. The Big Bang Theory was second at 19 million.

I think your correct. I tried to find the ratings for broadcast and cable together but I could not find any information. I do know that NBC Sunday Night Football was the number 1 broadcast TV show last year averaging a little over 21 million people a week. The Big Bang Theory was second at 19 million.

When it comes to total viewers; TWD is not the number 1 show on TV. That spot normally goes to SNF; NCIS or the Big Bang Theory. Since those shows pull in close to 20 million viewers each week.

What TWD does win is the 18-49 rating category. Since the network TV shows have a higher percentage of older viewers so their 18-49 rating is lower.

Psy

The part that I don't get was when the kid brought the knife to school and the guidance counselor asked him why he brought the knife, in which he replied that "somethings happening they don't know if it's viral, or a disease and it's spreading" She just sat back and didn't ask who, what, where. Like she already knew or saw it on the news. They didn't make mention of anyone hearing about it or seeing it until later on.

The first 13 minutes is the kid running from the church and getting hit, the family gets the call, the guy gets a call from his ex-wife about custody pickup, then they go see the junkie in the hospital.

At 13:50 into the show, the kid walks through the metal detector and gets caught by the guidance lady. She brings him into the office and ask him why, he tells her after she puts the knife in the drawer. She says to him if anything was going on the authorities would tell us. Tell us what? What does she know, did she watch the news too? They who? She doesn't even ask him who they are, whats going on. It's like she already knows.

The acting and -script are kinda confusing.

The part that I don't get was when the kid brought the knife to school and the guidance counselor asked him why he brought the knife, in which he replied that "somethings happening they don't know if it's viral, or a disease and it's spreading" She just sat back and didn't ask who, what, where. Like she already knew or saw it on the news. They didn't make mention of anyone hearing about it or seeing it until later on.

The first 13 minutes is the kid running from the church and getting hit, the family gets the call, the guy gets a call from his ex-wife about custody pickup, then they go see the junkie in the hospital.

At 13:50 into the show, the kid walks through the metal detector and gets caught by the guidance lady. She brings him into the office and ask him why, he tells her after she puts the knife in the drawer. She says to him if anything was going on the authorities would tell us. Tell us what? What does she know, did she watch the news too? They who? She doesn't even ask him who they are, whats going on. It's like she already knows.

There's this fad called "the Internet" that makes it easy to find conspiracy theories. :gossip:

http://beforeitsnews.com/conspiracy-theories/

Teenagers love conspiracy theories, and teachers tend to hear them from their students.

There's this fad called "the Internet" that makes it easy to find conspiracy theories. :gossip:

Teenagers love conspiracy theories, and teachers tend to hear them from their students.

:facepalm:

GMOs cause cancer--tell your friends and family before it's too late. :gossip:

GMOs cause cancer--tell your friends and family before it's too late. :gossip:

:ohnoez:

STANDALONE EPISODE

Set to air during the show's six season, a new standalone "The Walking Dead" special will find several airline passengers up against a deadly walker attack during "Fear the Walking Dead's" timeline, according to Entertainment Weekly. One of the survivors of the in-flight attack will go on to star in "Fear the Walking Dead's" second season.

Debuting online, this untitled standalone special will go on to be broadcast in chapters that will air alongside the main show. Though "The Walking Dead" has made use of online bonus content before, this is the first time it will appear on the air as well. No other details are known about the project at this time, though it's safe to assume that flight is headed to Los Angeles if it will play a part in "Fear the Walking Dead's" sophomore season. Dave Erickson and "Fear" co-executive prodcuer David Weiner will produce the project.

Oh Dear....

Spoilers ahead, so you have been warned.

Couple of good things:

The cop loading up the cruiser with bottled water (suggesting authorities know whats coming)

Raiding the school for tinned food and confiscated drugs (junkie aid)

But then things went into the endless circle jerk of 5 word sentences and nothing happening.

Seriously - you go to the school to get drugs, team-up with the only 40 year old student in LA (Tobias) get loads of tinned food - kill the only Zombie in the show (after Walking up to it asking if it's OK - knowing damn well it's a frickin Zombie) - and then leave all the food behind whilst strolling out to your car!!

The rest of the episode was even worse.

If that were possible...

Total Zombie count = 2 (plus a long-distance sighting at the end)

Pointless trips = 6

Food collected = 0

Escaping LA = Nobody

5 word sentences = 1,655

Rating 2/10.

Utter Garbage.

I'm still going to tune in next week, in the hopes that at least one of the dumb wankers get killed. :acclaim:

Really - it sucks.

As I've said elsewhere.

Well, ep 2 was slightly better. I can't believe AMC actually has the ballz to make us wait 2 weeks for new episodes, especially after how terrible the 'pilot' was. :facepalm:

:gossip:

It's not on next week so you are ok.

Phew.

Gives me that extra week to recover....from the kraptastic -script ;)

In much better news - Z-NATION is back next week! :acclaim:

Woo-Hoo!

:gossip:

It's not on next week so you are ok.

lol

But then we won't get another installment of "Taint Near Nough HeadSplatterin'" style reviews. :cry:

I thought the acting was much better this week, though I know hope the daughter is the first eaten. I am not digging her character that much. I was ok with her wanting to help the principle because this is still a world where zombies are not even in fiction, so it is hard for them to accept. Leaving the food though??

I like the realism of the rioting and the police being overwhelmed. The fact the young female was so quick to shoot the girl shows they know what is going on at this point. I have no idea where some of these scenes were shot (Canada?) but they were not in LA.

I thought the acting was much better this week, though I know hope the daughter is the first eaten. I am not digging her character that much. I was ok with her wanting to help the principle because this is still a world where zombies are not even in fiction, so it is hard for them to accept. Leaving the food though??

That was straight up shock. Given what they just went through and were forced to do. That was a first for both of them. You could see it in their eyes. You could see it in their demeanor as they walked away.