• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Somebody has just posted what appears to be the 'Mother Load' of Pep Comics run on eBay tonight. Some of the hardest to find issues too! Now, with the HA auction ending next week, and so many HTF and keys up for grabs in this one at one time, and a Comic con this week, will there be a bargain or two to be had in this smorgasbord of MLJ goodies? hm

Edited by Sagii

Somebody has just posted what appears to be the 'Mother Load' of Pep Comics run on eBay tonight. Some of the hardest to find issues too! Now, with the HA auction ending next week, and so many HTF and keys up for grabs in this one at one time, and a Comic con this week, will there be a bargain or two to be had in this smorgasbord of MLJ goodies? hm

my guess in no unfortunately!! these books are awesome!! some of them look to be in pretty decent shape as well!!

Has anyone seen Met's latest sales addition to their site? Not a CC auction, just a good old fashion 'for sale' item.

It's a set of 3 books, Archie 1, Pep 22 and Jackpot 4 for 85k (varying grades with the Jackpot 4 at 5.0, and the Pep 22 with slightly brittle pages).

The trifecta! :whee:

Has anyone seen Met's latest sales addition to their site? Not a CC auction, just a good old fashion 'for sale' item.

It's a set of 3 books, Archie 1, Pep 22 and Jackpot 4 for 85k (varying grades with the Jackpot 4 at 5.0, and the Pep 22 with slightly brittle pages).

zzzhttp://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8764163&fpart=1

zzzhttp://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8764163&fpart=1

Ask 99K on the boards, $85K through consignment?!?

I'm guessing that a month of asking the higher price without any interest led to be reduced (still too high) revised asking and consignment.

That's almost a 25% price reduction, he might have had more interest here at that price.

Not me, Tony. I did see it and thought it was a nice looking copy... I hope someone here got it.

More recently, anyone get anything during last night's Pep extravaganza?

Some pretty impressive prices ... not only on the higher grade sought after books, but even on some of the really low grade stuff.

I was shooting for 6 of them. Got blown out of the water on a few. Missed one by just a little (though impossible to know what the actual high bid was), and got one copy that I probably overpaid for, but pleased to fill the hole (and certainly wound up spending a lot less money than the multiples thousands I was prepared to drop just hours earlier).

I will say in the Pep 23-50 range, I was excited by many of the prices he got on those raw and varying grade books. I have all but 3 of them and it's was great to see what they brought.

Not me, Tony. I did see it and thought it was a nice looking copy... I hope someone here got it.

Some pretty impressive prices ... not only on the higher grade sought after books, but even on some of the really low grade stuff.

I was shooting for 6 of them. Got blown out of the water on a few. Missed one by just a little (though impossible to know what the actual high bid was), and got one copy that I probably overpaid for, but pleased to fill the hole (and certainly wound up spending a lot less money than the multiples thousands I was prepared to drop just hours earlier).

I will say in the Pep 23-50 range, I was excited by many of the prices he got on those raw and varying grade books. I have all but 3 of them and it's was great to see what they brought.

Nothing here, but a big congrats to you( and I'm sure you'll post them when in hand?).

Great prices all around. Almost an HA sig auction evening edition. Gotta wonder though: as amazing as those prices were do you think the seller left any sizable amount of money on the table by not having them stabbed and on a venue like HA? hm

Nothing here, but a big congrats to you( and I'm sure you'll post them when in hand?).

Great prices all around. Almost an HA sig auction evening edition. Gotta wonder though: as amazing as those prices were do you think the seller left any sizable amount of money on the table by not having them stabbed and on a venue like HA? hm

I was looking at a few of the lower grade Peps but decided to hold off at the last minute. I have to replace my reloading press and decided to go all out and get a Dillon XL650 with all the goodies so no comics for me right now. :cry: