• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Sagii Tapes posted by sagii68
2 2

247 posts in this topic

Casey Crime Photographer #2 (Marvel)

This one is a another fave because of the off beat photo cover. Tame by most crime standards story wise, the cover isn't though: A gun toting clown. Series didn't run long though. Only ran four issues. Toughie to complete.

Casey%20Crime%20Photographer%202_zpsqhmaapvk.jpg

Crime Must Pay The Penalty #34 (Ace pub.)

This cover is total gangster: You know this 'Rat' is gonna get it! lol . The cover is typical of Hollywood Gangster dramas of the day. The tough guy on the cover resembles a character actor of the time, but his name escapes me now. Ace turned out some of the more 'wild' material in the genre. Down the road i will post covers and some full story interiors to showcase what i mean. But for now, two splashes, one by Ace artist supreme, Lou Cameron

Crime%20Must%20Pay%20The%20Penalty%2034_zpsca2n6pap.jpg

IMG_1280_zps26gykv86.jpg

IMG_1281_zpsjtgtjiiw.jpg

PC Crime (encompassing all publishers) deserves it's own regularly pro active thread in gold. Will have to bump my Journal up from page 100 in Oct lol , as work will get heavy next week in Sept leaving me little Board time that month. This weeks highlight will be the HA Auction (just spectating this time). Can't wait to see where the Suspense 3 hammers.

Glad you appreciate it Brandon. I was thinking this one is real moody. Could almost be a movie still. I hazard a guess it won't be too long before you're a player in the 'gold world' too. :baiting:

Glad you appreciate it Brandon. I was thinking this one is real moody. Could almost be a movie still. I hazard a guess it won't be too long before you're a player in the 'gold world' too. :baiting:

I don't foresee becoming a player in the gold world anytime soon. I'll admit, a Ms. Claire Voyant had caught my eye. I've also been tempted at the thought of selling all my Bronze to go for the gold, but it has only been a brief thought a few times in the past. But I haven't said 'never'...

Go for the gold Brandon. You'll never look back.

Great stuff Corey. I am also a crime lover. Some real under rated stuff and real affordable. Here is a favorite and only one of a few of my CGC books.

comdownwithcrimecgc_zps7fxha0ox.jpg

:applause::applause: Great book RM! Somebody better let DC know the Sandman was doing double duty lol

Yes, very underrated and still most of them very affordable. For how long? Like i (and you) have pointed out about some other now suddenly hot genres, the time is now to jump in.

RECAP REEL v1

Hey gang, been a minute. This reboot will be dedicated to recent shares in the Gold Forum. Some of you don't frequent the Gold room so probably haven't seen them, and when i did share them there were a lot of other great books being showcased, so just thought i'd give 'em their own 'moment'.

The great Robot-Man started a Crime thread in Gold recently, i bowed these there. Crime Smashers #11. One of my favorite Crime covers. Killer A.C. Hollingsworth cover. Mr. Hollingsworth, along with Matt Baker, were two of the golden ages prolific African American artist. The girl on this cover resembles a 'Baker girl'. Strong stuff to have on the stands among Bugs Bunny and the like.

Crime%20Smashers%2011_zpsekqhysib.jpg

Edited by Sagii

A fellow Boardie opened his 'Vaults' and sold me this one. My first EC in years after selling what few i had years ago. This one features the 'Lizzie Borden' Axe murder legend. Been intrigued with this story since seeing a TV movie as a kid which dramatized the crime.

Crime%20SuspenStories%2013_zpsm33ouqlh.jpg

This one was a recent win and a 'key' book. 'Crime Must Pay The Penalty #33 (but it's really #1 in the series). This title took over the numbering from the series 'Four Favorites' which ended with issue #32. Though this one is numbered 33, an 'official' issue #2 followed and thus Ace Periodials entered the New stand Crime wars. Great stories, but extremely violent stuff. The cover alone teases whats to come inside: A fur heist, a man lying in a pool of blood, the woman scratching the thugs face, who is trying to take her from her(lover?) who is being shot in the process. Also the first splash features a man hitting a woman over the head with a wrench. I'm sure Wertham loved this one.

Crime%20Must%20Pay%20The%20Penalty%201%2033-A_zpsprtxm9mi.jpg

IMG_1612_zpss8nkmsvq.jpg

Edited by Sagii

REEL FOUR v2 :Wabbit and Co (Moderns)

....And we're back! Been enjoying some of my favorite 'Journalist' in this forums stuff lately. December is hectic for me work wise, but been inspired to do an entry. I really don't buy modern comics anymore except the RARE occasion a story line or cover grabs my interest. These fall into the latter and for obvious reasons for those who pay attention to my posts. They are Looney Tunes variant cover editions of these DC super hero titles(The covers are unrelated to the stories inside).There are 24 of them i believe, i picked up more than half with the potential to just get 'em all (depending on that uncontrollable urge to complete/hoard/collect lol )

Some are real knockouts and pay tribute to some classic Looney Tunes cartoon moments mashing them up with DC heroes with neat results. I've shown two in the Cat thread in Comics General, thought i'd show my other Faves in this release starting with my top choice featuring two TRUE iconic characters:

img001%202_zps83winfj1.jpg

2 2