• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Simple Discussion on Walking Dead Original Art Prices

706 posts in this topic

I sent the guy what I thought was a sensible offer. He told me what he thought he could get, which I thought was very ambitious, but given the visibility, perhaps it wasn't.

Issue 5 to me is Tony's best work on the book. That's one of the better pages in the series. It'll get top dollar. I just have no idea how much.

I'd wager somewhere around 18-20k.

If so that will make me feel better about my issue one page two splash....It will not look expensive to me anymore :)

I sent the guy what I thought was a sensible offer. He told me what he thought he could get, which I thought was very ambitious, but given the visibility, perhaps it wasn't.

Issue 5 to me is Tony's best work on the book. That's one of the better pages in the series. It'll get top dollar. I just have no idea how much.

I'd wager somewhere around 18-20k.

If so that will make me feel better about my issue one page two splash....It will not look expensive to me anymore :)

It's a great splash.

Expensive is a relative term lol

Right now for fans of NAGAN who are also looking for that elusive page featuring actual ZOMBIES and the "All Out War" storyline, there's a piece for sale, the original pencils. It's on auction, ending this weekend on Saturday 08/29 via Heritage's internet auction, online bidding only.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/charlie-adlard-the-walking-dead-116-page-19-original-art-image-2003-/a/7147-93399.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Signature® Internet Session

No Floor or Phone Bidding (Mail, Fax, Internet, and Heritage Live)

Live auction on Aug 29, 2015

Current Bid Price (as of 08/27): $70

Estimated Value: $400 +/-

Artist: Charlie Adlard

Publication: The Walking Dead

Year: 2013

Issue: #116

Page: #19

Size: 11" x 17"

Description:

This is the original pencil artwork for The Walking Dead #116 by Charlie Adlard, and was the first issue of the epic "All Out War" storyline by Robert Kirkman.

This 5 panel page features both Holly and fan favorite villain, Negan, the character you love to hate. What makes this page special as most collectors know is that it features zombies on it, and although The Walking Dead is centered around the zombie apocalypse, most stories centers around the human experiences of the survivors and it's much more rare and special when a page depicts actual zombies.

Walking Dead #116 was the first issue of The Walking Dead where the original art reverted to the larger 11" x 17" size and inked (over blue lined pencils) by Stefano Gaudiano, and this is the highly desirable original penciled page by Charlie Adlard, art in it's purist form. This is the original pencils, no inks. 100% Charlie Adlard original art.

This page is autographed by Charlie Adlard, signed on the bottom.

It would drive me nuts not having the inks to pair with that pencil page since they were sold as a pair.

It was donated to the CBLDF in 2014 and they auctioned the pieces off separately, and oddly, the inks over blueline sold for higher than the original pure art pencils.

I think the inked version was over $300 and the pencils were $250 (and just sold on Heritage for $350), so the pair was split up and maybe the owner of the inked version just won the pencils and is reuniting the pieces together.

I bought the death of Tyrese page for $300 and traded it to my buddy for $500 store credit. Of course you know what that page is worth now.....

I bought the death of Tyrese page for $300 and traded it to my buddy for $500 store credit. Of course you know what that page is worth now.....

no one knows what it is worth...until it hits the market again (shrug)

WALKING DEAD #5 PAGE 14 HALF SPLASH

Current Bid: $8,100

9/1/2015 6:34:57 PM ET $8,100

hm

I heard people are punishment bidding this page because there's some guy in NJ who's going to end up paying whatever it takes to get it in the end. :baiting:

:jokealert:

WALKING DEAD #5 PAGE 14 HALF SPLASH

Current Bid: $8,100

9/1/2015 6:34:57 PM ET $8,100

hm

I heard people are punishment bidding this page because there's some guy in NJ who's going to end up paying whatever it takes to get it in the end. :baiting:

:jokealert:

lol Not me....Im saving up for a cover some guy in NY has .... I love the term punishment bidding lol I only checked on the page once so far. I'm not as high strung as I once was in the WD market. It is a nice page :cloud9:

no one knows what it is worth...until it hits the market again (shrug)

Well the page previous to it sold for 3K so I'm thinking at least 4K for the head chop page

lol Not me....Im saving up for a cover some guy in NY has .... I love the term punishment bidding lol I only checked on the page once so far. I'm not as high strung as I once was in the WD market. It is a nice page :cloud9:

Wow...$10,250 for that page so far. Good for those of us who own other Tony Moore WD art! :banana::devil:

Wow...$10,250 for that page so far. Good for those of us who own other Tony Moore WD art! :banana::devil:

It is a nice page.....but my first thought was 7500-8500 tops. I mean it's got a nice Walker panel and I don't recall a better close up of a walker bite. Plus for some reason the bottom panel really calls out to me,It's a great group shot.

Tony did a great job on the page.

I was just about to lowball you on your drek WD OA :sorry:

But joking aside I feel over the past few years there has been no stopping the rise of prices on the better WD pages.I based my price on the page from the 5-6 recent TM pages I got. I'm surprised that I'm way off on this one.