• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I think these and Cookie are great titles. Cheap and interesting. A lot of them have Dizzy Dames stories as well.

comkillroys27_zpsurn87qqn.jpg

That's classic.

These vintage board games may be of interest. When my father in-law passed a few years back he passed these on to my wife and I. They were originally collected by my wife's grandmother. My wife believes her grandmother bought these games when they were new back in the 1920's.

Roly Poly, Peg Baseball and Follow the Stars, all from the early 20's

DSCN1008.jpg

From 1927 by Parker Brothers. The "Flying Four" game is obviously cashing in on Lindberg's historic flight across the Atlantic, but there is no mention of Lindberg in the game.

FL4_box.jpg

FL4_B1.jpg

FL4_B2.jpg

DSCN1023.jpg

Lastly this game has a pretty strong comic book tie in This game and the Barney Google comic books were created by cartoonist Billy DeBeck. The Barney Google comic strip began in 1919, with a comic book first appearing as Dell Four Color #19 in 1942. A second Dell FC followed in 1944 (#40)

From 1923, the Barney Google and Spark Plug game by Milton Bradley.

DSCN1018.jpg

DSCN1021.jpg

Awesome games. (thumbs u

I too have never seen the Flying Four.

Here's a fun item. As you might know by now, I love bound volumes. I was tickled pink when I got one of Joe Simon's personal copies of Justice Traps the Guilty. He didn't take very good care of it but you can bet I will!

fightguiltyboundvolume1_zpst8r9yilj.jpg

fightguiltyboundvolume2_zpsgrg0r7en.jpg

fightguiltyboundvolume3_zpsfibovxws.jpg

fightguiltyboundvolume4_zpsfbdq7gma.jpg

fightguiltyboundvolume5_zpsy6iamfti.jpg

Very cool! :applause: