• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Here's a really long overdue post.. Back around Image Expo in January, Felix hooked me up with the connecting cover poster, which was awesome of him to do. Rhymenoceros was also very awesome and gave me some pointers and links to how he custom framed his poster himself. I FINALLY got around to getting it all together. This isn't gonna be the final spot that this hangs at, I just wanted to get a look at it with the rest of my prints. Gotta find the final home for this guy. (I'd direct link them, but they're really big pictures and I forgot to resize)

So, I wasn't sure what to do with the convention exclusive hardcover of volume 1, since it doesn't look they're gonna put all the volumes out in this format. I decided to get 5 frequent Hickman collaborators to do 5 different pieces of at the end of each issue. At the end of Issue 1, I wanna get Death, Xiaolian at the end of 2, Wolf in 3, Crow in 4, and Babylon in 5. I messaged Felix a few months out from SDCC and told him my idea, and we set up pieces with Dragotta and Pitarra. I basically told him it's dealers choice, so whoever the artists wanted to do they could do.

:applause: VERY Nice! (thumbs u

Here's a really long overdue post.. Back around Image Expo in January, Felix hooked me up with the connecting cover poster, which was awesome of him to do. Rhymenoceros was also very awesome and gave me some pointers and links to how he custom framed his poster himself. I FINALLY got around to getting it all together. This isn't gonna be the final spot that this hangs at, I just wanted to get a look at it with the rest of my prints. Gotta find the final home for this guy. (I'd direct link them, but they're really big pictures and I forgot to resize)

So, I wasn't sure what to do with the convention exclusive hardcover of volume 1, since it doesn't look they're gonna put all the volumes out in this format. I decided to get 5 frequent Hickman collaborators to do 5 different pieces of at the end of each issue. At the end of Issue 1, I wanna get Death, Xiaolian at the end of 2, Wolf in 3, Crow in 4, and Babylon in 5. I messaged Felix a few months out from SDCC and told him my idea, and we set up pieces with Dragotta and Pitarra. I basically told him it's dealers choice, so whoever the artists wanted to do they could do.

Glad to see it come together! Mine's still holding up other than a slight pressure wave from one of the clips - probably needs moved or pressure adjusted, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Likely getting ready for a move in a month, so that will be fun to pack up - ha.

I just read #20. Have I mentioned how great this book is ? Oh, I have ? Too bad....great again. lol

My perspective of the Endless Nation keepschanging...in a very good way. So many layers in this book and if there is anyone who still hasn't triedit, do yourself a favor and try the first TPB. There are far worse things to blow $10 on.

Hopefully #21 in a month...or a few. I told my buddies the other day that between East of West and Planetary, I've read 47 primary issues in just a little over 10 years. Well worth it. I simply hope I outlast the book. lol

Edited by The Authority

I just read #20. Have I mentioned how great this book is ? Oh, I have ? Too bad....great again. lol

My perspective of the Endless Nation keepschanging...in a very good way. So many layers in this book and if there is anyone who still hasn't triedit, do yourself a favor and try the first TPB. There are far worse things to blow $10 on.

Hopefully #21 in a month...or a few. I told my buddies the other day that between East of West and Planetary, I've read 47 primary issues in just a little over 10 years. Well worth it. I simply hope I outlast the book. lol

Just make sure to take your meds, don't do drugs and take your vitamins!

tumblr_n25clzWCBd1qabvtzo1_400.gif

I'm on the same diet those 2 guys were. What could go wrong ?

I'm on the same diet those 2 guys were. What could go wrong ?

Once you get that big you better keep working out. Once you stop boom goes the heart.

Has anyone read or heard anything lately where either creator addressed this books shipping schedule? Have they publicly stated a a target of issues per year or anything? I was really enjoying this book but the worsening delays combined with what is reading like story decompression is really killing it for me.

Dragotta and Hickman stated at SDCC in 2013 that the book would be 50 issues and they both committed to 5 years. I've heard nothing since. They lost pace in September of last year.

Thanks for the info. If they cant keep up with pacing within the next 6-9 months I will most likely stop picking this up. Maybe I'll pick up the rest when they eventually complete the series. I like to buy single issues to support the creators, even though I prefer to read longer formats. However if nothing can come out with any regularity it kills the serialized format.

This is the big, valid complaint with more than one of the Image ongoings - there's more than one thread in which it is front and center.

I think it is clear that this unpredictability hurts them - some readers don't care, some will wait years for a series to finish... however, I think most of us are more likely to move on and get engrossed with some other title. There are too many books coming out every month for creators to rest on their laurels, even with books of this caliber.