• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,895 posts in this topic

Thanks Jeffro and Batmiesta. I've been looking for a high grade raw for 4 years. I have liked the cover of this book since I bought my beater copy 35 years ago as a kid.

Also one of my favorite covers. It really stand-out from the rest with some tongue-in-cheek humor.

kjl_zps0squepwd.jpg

I loved this… It was my very first meeting with Howard the Duck, at a time where our italian publisher was about to go bankrupt. I recall it had been some time since I bought a Marvel book, I was about 12 years old and noticed this at the newsstand, bought and read it and said to myself: what a strange character (and "Status Quo" was quite a villain too… lol ).

Of course I wasn’t aware of the Howard the Duck series (unpublished in Italy) but I loved Gerber for his writing on Omega and other series, and I liked this unusual Marvel Team-Up. :)

Crappy scan but this seems to present well for an 8.5. Glad to have it.

Bat%20238_zps1jskus7b.jpg

I've got a 9.0, but this copy presents much better and certainly has better eye appeal. Nice acquisition. Can't believe how expensive this book is. Despite the nice cover and scarcity in high grades, it's still just book of reprints.