• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,839 posts in this topic

The holiday ones are cool too!!! He did 4 Santa covers I think. Funny you just posted the Holiday #39, I don't have all of his funny animal covers that I own scanned, but I do have this one:

zirsqg.jpg

Edited by pmpknface

Here comes Santa Clause...

2cen77s.jpg

rbbjwp.jpg

(This cover image is also on the inside of the NEXT book)

1zf38mv.jpg

8xmvdz.jpg

UPDATE! Sorry, I forgot about FUN COMICS #9. I own one (a stellar copy too!!!) but this isn't my scan.

810243.jpg

I was one of the collectors who purchased cover proofs from Mr. Cole back in the early 1990's. We talked a couple of times on the phone. It was great to speak with him. I only have one proof left... it is my favorite cover, SUSPENSE #7. I thought i also had the proof of #8 somewhere but i cannot seem to find it. The #7 is different from the final printing in that it has "DECEMBER" where "No. 7" should be.

Bradley Foote

brad@icehouse.ca

Congrats on completing the run. :applause:

Here's one I picked up recently.

All-Famous%20Police%20Cases%2011_zpswltc9ubq.jpg

Thanks man! Great pickup on that one! Love the colors, one of his underrated ones.

I love the psychedelic cover on that one.

Here's another Cole I just picked up. It's a CGC no-show, so I'm guessing there are not a lot of decent copies out there.

Crime-Fighting%20Detective%2017_zpsljk3pfmt.jpg

I'm still waiting for plaid to make a come-back so I can wear them with my corduroys. :cloud9:

cord du roi

The cloth of kings!

Among the fashion sins of my youth, that's the one I would be happiest to re-visit.

I'm glad I won't be alone. They are so underrated. (thumbs u

Edited by vaultkeeper

I'm still waiting for plaid to make a come-back so I can wear them with my corduroys. :cloud9:

cord du roi

The cloth of kings!

Among the fashion sins of my youth, that's the one I would be happiest to re-visit.

I think I still have somewhere a maroon corduroy jacked with a hood. The lining looks like a pool table. CLASSIC!

cord du roi

The cloth of kings!

I think I still have somewhere a maroon corduroy jacked with a hood. The lining looks like a pool table. CLASSIC!

What size? hm