• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does CGC grade Artist Proofs?

6 posts in this topic

Looking to send in this book... but i have no idea how or if CGC handles books like this. Its Xin Legends of the Monkey King Museum Edition Artist Proof. Would the uncut edges affect the grade?

x3fs6PJ.png

Edited by Deadpool

On 8/22/2015 at 8:04 AM, mschmidt said:

They don't grade those museum editions due to the overhang.

I know im necro'ing this but, Is this still their stance? Been Holding out on getting this signed hoping there will be some change in their encapsulation that allows Museum Editions...

So, 2018, they still dont grade Museum Edition books?

1 minute ago, The Lions Den said:

In my experience, whenever there's a severe overhang, they don't want to risk the book getting damaged in the holder. I hope this helps...

Yeah... i guess i should just get it signed then... was hoping for some new holder tech or something that kept the edges from folding in, and this being one of the more rare Joe Madureira books, i wanted it to be graded... but ill settle for Raw with signature. Thanks ^_^