• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE ASM #129 SOCIETY
14 14

855 posts in this topic

I bought this on ebay.. it came in better grade than I thought and came with a MJ Insert (wasn't advertised). Oh and did I say I got it for a great price?!?! :)

Can anyone tell me anything about the STAR in the price box?

2w4jn9e.jpg

14252y0.jpg

The star stamp means it was sold in Stars & Stripes newstands in miltary bases outside USA.

ahh interesting!

Thank you!

so on Wednesday of this week, my son (11yr) says "let's go to the comic store", which we had just gotten back from the Tampa Bay con the previous weekend, so my comic budget had pretty much already been spent. but I said "sure, why not". We walk in and on the back wall along with all the modern Harley Quinns from 6 months ago marked up to $10, was an ASM 129.

the owner was not there that day, so I asked the employee what he was asking on it, and when he told me the price, which was very low, I asked to look at it, and I then said, "what's wrong with it? is it a reprint?," the clerk said, I dunno, you can take it out and look at it if you want, so after looking at it as closely as I could, it was complete with no resto, and no major flaws, just a little bit of general wear. seems like everytime my son suggests we go to the LCS, I always score, last time was a complete set of Harley Quinn (2000 series) 1-38, that they had just gotten in and got them for a great group price.

anyway, here's the book, I have it as a 7.5, tiny tear on top bc, and some general spine wear, but very clean and bright, I couldn't be happier. :cloud9:

ASM129FC_zpsamgsdyz7.jpg

so on Wednesday of this week, my son (11yr) says "let's go to the comic store", which we had just gotten back from the Tampa Bay con the previous weekend, so my comic budget had pretty much already been spent. but I said "sure, why not". We walk in and on the back wall along with all the modern Harley Quinns from 6 months ago marked up to $10, was an ASM 129.

the owner was not there that day, so I asked the employee what he was asking on it, and when he told me the price, which was very low, I asked to look at it, and I then said, "what's wrong with it? is it a reprint?," the clerk said, I dunno, you can take it out and look at it if you want, so after looking at it as closely as I could, it was complete with no resto, and no major flaws, just a little bit of general wear. seems like everytime my son suggests we go to the LCS, I always score, last time was a complete set of Harley Quinn (2000 series) 1-38, that they had just gotten in and got them for a great group price.

anyway, here's the book, I have it as a 7.5, tiny tear on top bc, and some general spine wear, but very clean and bright, I couldn't be happier. :cloud9:

ASM129FC_zpsamgsdyz7.jpg

Very nice book :applause:

What did your son get? :busy:

Strange. It does say "best offer accepted", but GPA lists it as a 10K sale. hm

I started collecting comics a year ago for my two year old son. I collect 1st appearance comics and try to get the best examples I can afford. I will show my son the comics and ask which ones he likes. After these last two, I think I am done for the year.

I started collecting comics a year ago for my two year old son. I collect 1st appearance comics and try to get the best examples I can afford. I will show my son the comics and ask which ones he likes. After these last two, I think I am done for the year.

DVT to his 2-year old son:

"What do you like better? This Amazing Spider-Man #129 CGC 9.8, 1st appearance of the Punisher or this Strawberry Shortcake #1 I just picked up from Greggy?"

2-year old son:

"I want the Strawberry Shortcake! I want the Strawberry Shortcake!"