• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Jewelers inserts...
19 19

1,027 posts in this topic

I found this interesting and thought I would throw it onto this thread as it might be of interest....

I have a "Bubblicious Insert" in my Thor 336. Here are some pictures. I tried searching elsewhere but this was the only place on the site that had this topic.

My other copy of Thor 336 looks identical but has no evidence of any Bubblicious Insert being included at any time. Never even knew these existed until I was page counting this one.

vi3uJDCl.jpg

FeK537ll.jpg

UlgmKk1l.jpg

here is the thread I found about the subject which was sparse at best until I added some pictures myself.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8682495#Post8682495

even with the pictures-- people are still responding with dumb jokes about chewing gum.

People around here seem to make jokes when they don't know "the answer". I've never seen one of those inserts before myself either though. I'd be curious what, if anything CGC would say on the label if you slabbed it.

-J.

I put the link to a thread (at bottom of my post above) where the guy was just trying to ask what the "Bubbalicious Insert" notation on his tab was about-- which was followed by ten clownish answers about the book having it pages stuck together. Even with photographic evidence of what the insert looked like, the first reply was gum related-- I guess some folks simply have a problem talking about gum or something.

Anyway-- CGC gives books like these the same treatment that Mark Jewelers get-- which is sort of why I cross pollinated my information on this far more serious thread as well.

So my son asks me why his X-Men 231 has this weird jewelry ad in it...I of course grab it from him saying "oops, shouldn't have given that to you!"...anyway..I assume these are going to have the newstand bar code...I promised him if I sold it he would get the loot, any idea what this might be worth? Ebay doesn't help a lot as the nearest issue was a BIN and most are from the 70s (when i guess these were more common) with a smattering coming back in the 90s?

Any idea what this one is worth? Any issues more impossible to find than others. Seems like people tend to try to get $10-$20 for these (when the non-MJ version sells for $1) with sales being all over, but nothing on this specific one. After he got through with it it's about a VF+.

opening up these comics is sometimes a good idea!

I have an Avengers Annual 9 with a little star in the top left corner, so does that mean it was sold in a base? No MJ advertisement though. Did they not do those with square bound annuals?

I have an Avengers Annual 9 with a little star in the top left corner, so does that mean it was sold in a base? No MJ advertisement though. Did they not do those with square bound annuals?

I've never seen an MJ insert in a square-bound, I believe it's only a CF insert. :)

I have UXM 133 with a star and MJ insert. Is it rare? more valuable than regular?

No, not rare (none of these books are really "rare", but are desirable in HG to many collectors), but it may sell at a premium - Test the waters. :sumo: