• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,882 posts in this topic

Not sure if this Dave Stevens Amazing Heroes Rocketeer cover was ever reprinted. I like the homage to Kaluta's Shadow hardcover book cover with the shrunken characters in the hero's hand <3 on the lower left hand corner.

KiwX4fb.jpg

Not sure if this Dave Stevens Amazing Heroes Rocketeer cover was ever reprinted. I like the homage to Kaluta's Shadow hardcover book cover with the shrunken characters in the hero's hand <3 on the lower left hand corner.

KiwX4fb.jpg

Amazing Heroes #145 (July 1988) is actually the reused cover of Comico Attractions #6 (April 1987)

1115435.jpg

KiwX4fb.jpg

Always loved the "look" in Cliff's eyes under the helmet.

I picked up a book recently at a Dallas comic con that wasn't drawn by Dave but you can definitely see that the artist was influenced by Dave's style. I'll see if I can dig it up and will post it later today.

Dave Fun Fact #11: Due to his failing health, Dave's last cover(Bad Planet 6) was finished by his friend Mark Schultz of Xenozoic Tales fame.

Really? I never caught that.

Yeah, if it had been anyone else but my source I would question it also. :)

Dave Fun Fact #11: Due to his failing health, Dave's last cover(Bad Planet 6) was finished by his friend Mark Schultz of Xenozoic Tales fame.

Tony Stark? That guy invents everything.

:baiting:

Tony Stark? That guy invents everything.

:baiting:

Yeah, funny how his old man was ruining Pym's life.

Sorry for the delay. Funny how work and family get in the way of fun. :D It's not pristine, but I'll take it. Considering what copies in worse shape are going for at times. Best part is, I wasn't even looking for it.

image.jpg2_zpsxg6tlt0k.jpg

Is that a paperback version? I have a hard cover version...and yours looks different.

OK, just looked at ebay and only saw paperback versions. Are the hardcovers scarce?

Edited by tricolorbrian