• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

I sent Mr. Hoknes a pm containing Comics Market - Forum Only Selling Area rule #4

This place is cool.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8725109#Post8725109

http://www.hoknescomics.com/variantsets.htm

Good

If it's listed here, it's supposed to be a board exclusive sale.

He can A) remove this sale from his website and provide pictures of the book without linking back to his website

Or he can B) delete his current thread's content (title and body) and start a new one in the proper section of the boards, the Comic Market-Sales Advertising, eBay, Dealers, etc section.

He can A) remove this sale from his website and provide pictures of the book without linking back to his website

Or he can B) delete his current thread's content (title and body) and start a new one in the proper section of the boards, the Comic Market-Sales Advertising, eBay, Dealers, etc section.

He is selling multiple copies. He can easily say he is selling 20 copies here and 20 copies there. The link to his website looks like it's for pics. He can alter the wording slightly and still comply. The book is to be exclusive to the boards, not the title.

He is selling multiple copies. He can easily say he is selling 20 copies here and 20 copies there. The link to his website looks like it's for pics. He can alter the wording slightly and still comply. The book is to be exclusive to the boards, not the title.

And it's kind of a moot point overall given that the thread is a month old and there have been 4 times the amount of posts here as in that sales thread. lol

I never thought of it like that. hm

Then I guess just tell us that there's only "x" available for the boards exclusively. Add image tags to the picture and we don't see a link to his website.

And it's kind of a moot point overall given that the thread is a month old and there have been 4 times the amount of posts here as in that sales thread. lol

I got borked of inflating my post count with emoticons. ;)

Then I guess just tell us that there's only "x" available for the boards exclusively. Add image tags to the picture and we don't see a link to his website.

Why not the link to the website?

there's a rule specifically stating that you cannot link to other websites for the purpose of sales. (although its almost never enforced)

there's a rule specifically stating that you cannot link to other websites for the purpose of sales. (although its almost never enforced)

Gotcha. So a link to the website for a pic works.

Yes, I have done the same thing as he has as recently as two weeks ago. I got a few SDCC exclusives. I put one up on eBay and put a duplicate up here.

Frankly, I never understood the board exclusive thing but I comply as that is the nature of the boards. The board should only care so long as I honor the commitment on the boards above all others. Not a discussion really... just a comment.

Yes, I have done the same thing as he has as recently as two weeks ago. I got a few SDCC exclusives. I put one up on eBay and put a duplicate up here.

Frankly, I never understood the board exclusive thing but I comply as that is the nature of the boards. The board should only care so long as I honor the commitment on the boards above all others. Not a discussion really... just a comment.

I think part of it is so that you can't just spam your links to any random website where its actually for sale. Part of it is so that EVERY SINGLE COMIC available on EBAY isn't also available here. But even more than that, I think they don't want to deal with 'sorry I just sold it on this other site'. It leads to all kinds of trouble deciding who claimed an item first on which site, which mods here just don't want to deal with. There's nothing stopping anyone from advertising their ebays or other sites in the dealer section, but I think the mods and the boards benefit from the 'exclusivity' in the sales threads.

I got borked of inflating my post count with emoticons. ;)

I am having a classy internal monologue trying to decide if being borked is awesome or not.

Just figured I'd share this experience.

SPECTRE_nWo selling books.

I noticed a Batman Adventures #12 9.8 Newsstand. I remembered Junkdrawer was looking for one. I sent him a quick text and he asked me to offer $1,500 shipped for the book.

I get a counter offer of $1,725 shipped.

I respectfully declined.

I get another counter of $1,625 shipped.

Junkdrawer tells me to accept. I write back to Spiderman-On-Tilt/Spectre and I'm told:

Bat 12 Newstand just sold. :sorry:

But sadly, I don't think that was the truth. Junkdrawer posted in the thread for the buyer to contact him if they wished to sell the book and :o Spectre PMs him. What do you know, the book is still available! And at a higher price nonetheless! :D

Nothing like not knowing what you have for sale then offering the book for a price you don't want to sell it for and making up a phantom sale to get out of the deal.

Just figured I'd share. Cool books! :banana: