• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Movie - July 27, 2018
3 3

1,035 posts in this topic

There is one really good story for an Aquaman (or Namor for that matter) movie. You roll the credits with the star-crossed love of the parents and show the kid going down to Atlantis. You can do 15-20 minutes on how weird and cool, and different Atlantis is. Then you reveal the threat to Atlantis (which likely threatens the landlubbers too.)

Aquaman (or Namor) goes to America and is a fish out of water for 30-40 minutes, even becoming a target of the American military if it is perceived that he is tied to the "threat." He proves he is a hero, kicks the snot out of the threat, hopefully makes out with Wonder Woman and/or Mera. Roll credits.

700 MM worldwide. Boom.

Sounds like a cross between "The Little Mermaid" and "Splash".

-J.

lol

I do have concerns about Jason Momoa. He's really good at the intimidating "I'm going to kick your ", but I don't know that I've seen him portray any other emotion.

I do like his casting. I cannot fathom anyone else playing that role more seriously. Look at his character on GoT. I think if anyone else was playing him, they wouldn't reach the depths of character Momoa could, and they would probably be seen as a weak character.

Wanna sell an Aquaman movie? Tell Black Manta's story: he wants to destroy Atlantis and key surface sites in order to build an undersea megacity for African Americans to live free of racism and oppression. Instant publicity.

On the secrecy involved, 'brown superheroes', and living up to a 74 year-old fan's expectations.

This is really cool! I really enjoy it when the actors have a conversation with the fans like this. From everything I've seen/heard so far, it seems like he's ready to give 100% to this role. I'm sold.

hm

I think the tide is turning

look out Marvel, here comes DC

Maybe it's coming full circle! hm

Remember it wasn't that long ago when DC was seen as the ones making the great movies while Marvel was literally a laughing stock with all of their turds of a movie which ended up going straight to video.

Jason Momoa Talks Aquaman Action Figures, And Whether Fans Will See the Orange and Green Costume

During an interview with The Robot's Voice conducted at the Joshua Tree Film Festival, Aquaman star Jason Momoa admitted that he had already undergone his body scan for action figures, promising "There will be collectibles." Beyond that, he didn't have much he could say about his role as DC Comics' sea king...but there was one bit about the costume that was pretty interesting.

"Well, there might be some bit of orange and green," Momoa teased. "A bit of respect to prior work, but I think he is meaner now and upset – look at what has been done to our oceans. That’s his world that has been polluted."

In that respect, along with the beard and long hair, Momoa's Aquaman seems to hearken back to the version from Alex Ross and Mark Waid's Kingdom Come miniseries, who resisted contact with the surface world and dressed in more traditional royal garb rather than a costume, in part because of the way people treated the ocean.

Today must be comic book news day.

WB Hires Screenwriter David Leslie Johnson To Work On Aquaman

Warner Brothers went fishing for a new screenwriter to work on their upcoming Aquaman live-action film and they came away with David Leslie Johnson, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Aquaman, which will star Jason Momoa in the title role and be directed by The Conjuring's James Wan, had to two separate scripts written by WillBeall and KurtJohnstad. So why is David Leslie Johnson being reeled in? "One source said that Johnson would be a third rail on the development track however several sources said Johnson is working with Wan to streamline the project," THR reports. "Warners had no comment."

Johnson recently worked with Wan as he wrote the screenplay to The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist sequel, which Wan is currently filming. He also penned screenplays for Red Riding Hood (2011), Wrath of the Titans (2012) and the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons movie.