• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,433 posts in this topic

Very happy to get these Silver Surfers at an incredibly low BIN from Ebay this week..

scan0029_zpsdrsz3xc0.jpg

scan0030_zps8f2citu2.jpg

scan0031_zpsjqlw4pt5.jpg

scan0032_zpsc5depoju.jpg

scan0033_zpsu2k67pci.jpg

scan0034_zpsmzxy5cr4.jpg

scan0035_zpstmbd5y1m.jpg

scan0036_zpst7pmako4.jpg

And finally in the lot my first ever CGC slab and according to the census the highest graded (along with another) pence SS #14!

ss14_zps6f4daa1e.jpg

Not high grade, but I really like the cover. Got from Ron Murry at Comic-Con:

la8.jpg

Nice book, Dan. It was great running into you and your wife on Saturday. Too bad I couldn't stay or else we could have roamed the aisles of Comic-Con together. Got good prices on the three books I bought and Bob Storms of Hi-Grade Comics threw in the new OSPG in the purchase. He's a cool guy and the GI Combat 92 is another great addition to my war collection.

Gonna try to get a room at next year's show.

Later

Just got pics of these this week

SILVER20SURFER205_zpsqmfc1j1w.jpg

IRON20MAN206_zps395n5we5.jpg

IRON20MAN202_zpsfhbgmezt.jpg

ST20113_zpsspz8rn9n.jpg

97288e87-292b-4b6d-a4d9-b6c4d711c096_zpsvqaxxd2u.jpg

best looking 4.0 you'll find, tape pull

SILVER20SURFER202_zpsj20mepbv.jpg

:cloud9:

GL1_zpshafer18y.jpg

Edited by Azkaban

The only other thing I noticed was a water stain at the bottom on the back, but I thought it just looked to nice to pass up. 2c

wx3Ldwrl.jpg

MnXlhC5l.jpg

:o:o(worship) The condition of that book is unreal!!! those old DC are rare in grade and this is extra special for having the distinction of being published same time as SC 4, but also has side kick reboot, which many of us feel is significant signal that the silver age was being birthed. That is coming from a Marvel guy, who always had a weak spot for Aquaman thanks to the Saturday morning cartoons.

wx3Ldwrl.jpg

MnXlhC5l.jpg

:o:o(worship) The condition of that book is unreal!!! those old DC are rare in grade and this is extra special for having the distinction of being published same time as SC 4, but also has side kick reboot, which many of us feel is significant signal that the silver age was being birthed. That is coming from a Marvel guy, who always had a weak spot for Aquaman thanks to the Saturday morning cartoons.

One heckava book, my friend. Love the colors, love DC Silver, love Adventure Comics, love the book--no matter the grade.

(worship)

wx3Ldwrl.jpg

MnXlhC5l.jpg

One heckava book, my friend. Love the colors, love DC Silver, love Adventure Comics, love the book--no matter the grade.

(worship)

Thanks guys and my favourite part is the stamp of the back cover i just love those stamps! :grin:

xL1XWPsl.jpg