• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,827 posts in this topic

I will likely one day myself bend to Brunom450's will and shell out some real dough for a white.

Not me - his prices are way too high and his communication is poor. Pass.

I concur

I will likely one day myself bend to Brunom450's will and shell out some real dough for a white.

Not me - his prices are way too high and his communication is poor. Pass.

I concur

Well, thanks to people like Stephen and Dan, I have been able to scratch my whites itch for a fraction of the cost of Brunom's material. Thanks guys! This is why I dig these boards:

Stephen kindly gave me a heads up on this book on CLINK that I had been after for years:

RAD61EAE2013114_12614_zpsc0pts9pc.jpg

And Dan (Bronty) was nice enough to let go of this ACTIVE #12, another white that was high on my want list, and extremely scarce:

photo%201_zpsrugzzbcs.jpg

So now, no need to go crawling to Brunom!

Good for you Ryan, two cool books.

I've reached the point that I don't 'need' to overpay for books anymore. It's a shame when a nice set of books pops up on ebay, and then you see it's Brunom450. Click and exit.

??? What is that exactly? Not familiar with it. Obviously the cover and date are copied/inspired from her final appearance in Super Duper 3, but what are the contents?

Per the cgc slab it appears to be at least partly new material?

??? What is that exactly? Not familiar with it. Obviously the cover and date are copied/inspired from her final appearance in Super Duper 3, but what are the contents?

Per the cgc slab it appears to be at least partly new material?

The Nelvana comic was a limited edition reprint of the only published color story that featured the character by Adrian Dingle. Hope Nicholson crowd-funded a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2013 to collect all of Dingle's B&W Nelvana stories into a hardcover archive edition. My wife and I were among the many backers of the project.

One of the pledge rewards was the Nelvana comic reprinting Dingle's color work for Nelvana along with contemporary artist's contributions. I think the intent was to publish the comic in sufficient quantity for a wide release, but the press costs apparently proved too expensive to support a reasonable cover price. Instead, they produced a limited run as promised to backers and sold the few remaining copies through area comic shops. If I'm not mistaken the total quantity produced was under 100, which makes this comic very rare!

I'm sure that Hope can fill in any details I've missed or misunderstood. (thumbs u

Thanks Cat. I was a backer as well but I didn't get the comic so you probably threw more money at it than me. Sounds like a reprint of Super Duper 3 with new material then. Thanks for clarifying

Thanks Cat. I was a backer as well but I didn't get the comic so you probably threw more money at it than me. Sounds like a reprint of Super Duper 3 with new material then. Thanks for clarifying

You're welcome! Yeah, I have the rarest ad placement on the planet. lol

The complete run of Lightning Comics from my collection (only issues # 10-12 were ever published). (shrug)

IMG_2598_zpsgwpqrahd.jpg

The "Feature Publications of Toronto" books are like the holy grail of my research into WECA comics. If anyone has a lead on one of these, please contact me at once!

Edited by Hayabusa449

I've also got 2 issues of Freelance Comics coming in next week, which I'll make sure to post scans of right away!

Whoops! Looks like I forgot to post these to the thread when they originally came in the mail!

4Y52zal.jpg

First up we have Freelance Comics #31, the first (and currently only) of my WECA-era comics that is complete (no missing or torn pages whatsoever)! Again, I scanned and uploaded my copy to both the Digital Comics Musuem AND Comic Book Plus. So if you'd like to read the full book, just check out these links:

http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/?dlid=26442

http://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=58440

RjQifcT.jpg

On the opposite side of the spectrum we have the following issue, which is easily one of the most badly damaged comics in my entire collection. Not only is it missing several pages, but much of it seems to be barely holding together. It's to the point that I haven't even tried reading any of it yet- I'm too scared of damaging it any further!

Also, I now see what you guys mean about Brunom's prices- I just realized that even with the insane shipping rate markup these got that the TWO of them were together cheaper than a copy of Freelance #31 he is currently selling by itself on ebay!

I've also got 2 issues of Freelance Comics coming in next week, which I'll make sure to post scans of right away!

Whoops! Looks like I forgot to post these to the thread when they originally came in the mail!

4Y52zal.jpg

First up we have Freelance Comics #31, the first (and currently only) of my WECA-era comics that is complete (no missing or torn pages whatsoever)! Again, I scanned and uploaded my copy to both the Digital Comics Musuem AND Comic Book Plus. So if you'd like to read the full book, just check out these links:

http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/?dlid=26442

http://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=58440

RjQifcT.jpg

On the opposite side of the spectrum we have the following issue, which is easily one of the most badly damaged comics in my entire collection. Not only is it missing several pages, but much of it seems to be barely holding together. It's to the point that I haven't even tried reading any of it yet- I'm too scared of damaging it any further!

Also, I now see what you guys mean about Brunom's prices- I just realized that even with the insane shipping rate markup these got that the TWO of them were together cheaper than a copy of Freelance #31 he is currently selling by itself on ebay!

NIce Haul! :applause: