• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,999 posts in this topic

Noticed I only needed 2 or 3 more to complete the run, so I spent the summer hitting shows/cons/flea markets and then finally resorted to MCS to finish this off:

IMG_20150801_151314627_bc_zpsy8vatdjw.jpg

I know, it's the perennial cellar dweller of the PHM titles, but it was a fun spring/summer venture.

And yes, the rug really ties the room together.

-bc

I LOVE that picture!!! Great set!!! I hope one day I can post a similar picture!!!

:cloud9:

..... there was this Clint Eastwood movie, "Fist Full Of Dollars"...... :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Noticed I only needed 2 or 3 more to complete the run, so I spent the summer hitting shows/cons/flea markets and then finally resorted to MCS to finish this off:

IMG_20150801_151314627_bc_zpsy8vatdjw.jpg

I know, it's the perennial cellar dweller of the PHM titles, but it was a fun spring/summer venture.

And yes, the rug really ties the room together.

-bc

I LOVE that picture!!! Great set!!! I hope one day I can post a similar picture!!!

:cloud9:

..... there was this Clint Eastwood movie, "Fist Full Of Dollars"...... :baiting: GOD BLESS....

??? Am I taking that as NUT up or shut up? A challenge? If yes I think I can finish this within a month. :sumo: Miss you James! :headbang:

Seriously, with YOUR collection, having that run complete complete is almost necessary. :foryou: GOD BLESS...

Since James called me out, and I have not been collecting comics at all....I will take James challenge and make finishing this set my top collecting priority!!!

Anyone have these issues for sale in mid grade 3.5-6.5 wanna give me a deal??? :sumo:

World of Fantasy #3 5-14

Hope you have as much fun as I did!

Issues 2 & 7 were the most difficult to find in a presentable grade. The number 7 I snagged has the coupon ripped off the back cover (guess they didn't have easy access to scissors in 1957).

Plenty of 5's in decent shape out there - I selected a supposedly Circle 8 per Metropolis documentation during one of their sales for a little over $100 :

wof_5_zpsgctue1p9.jpg

The rest aren't that hard to find online for under $50.

Warning: shows/cons yielded very few additions to the run as this isn't a very popular title for dealers to lug around (heard that a lot when talking with them).

The toughest part is trying to find copies where the whole "World of Fantasy" was readable under the Atlas logo - this title seems to commonly suffer from cover wrap issues.

Good luck, enjoy and I can't wait to see the results!

-bc

Edited by bc

Here's a PHM that kind of started the Marvel Universe...... well, it does have the first post Atlas attempt at a Super Hero in Dr. Droom...... many parallels to what would eventually be Dr. Strange. GOD BLESS...

DSCN1510%202.jpg

Here's a PHM that kind of started the Marvel Universe...... well, it does have the first post Atlas attempt at a Super Hero in Dr. Droom...... many parallels to what would eventually be Dr. Strange. GOD BLESS...

DSCN1510%202.jpg

Jimbo,i cant tell you the feeling of pride and accomplishment I felt when I got my copy of this...no matter what others say...first Marvel superhero of the SA!

Thanks also to houseofcomics..Marc,you rule!

DSCN1510%202.jpg

Jimbo,i cant tell you the feeling of pride and accomplishment I felt when I got my copy of this...no matter what others say...first Marvel superhero of the SA!

Ummmmm sorry but the first Marvel superhero of the Silver age is...... Groot. :sumo:

DSCN1510%202.jpg

Ummmmm sorry but the first Marvel superhero of the Silver age is...... Groot. :sumo:

Okay Frankie...im with you...but only because ive one of those too.And Groot was a baddy... :baiting:

And an alien,not a superhero... :slapfight::foryou:

DSCN1510%202.jpg

Okay Frankie...im with you...but only because ive one of those too.And Groot was a baddy... :baiting:

And an alien,not a superhero... :slapfight::foryou:

One of my favorites as well Jimbo ! (yours has a better PQ and less wrap than mine):

aa_1_zpsf86a15bc.jpg

-bc

your copy looks great. Mine has a small tear on the right edge and a dust shadow on the back cover..... it's the only nice copy I've ever owned. GOD BLESS...