• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,098 posts in this topic

Where have all the artists gone....long time passing?

Where have all the artists gone.... long time ago?

Where have all the artists gone ?

Burdens weighed them down .... everyone.

Oh, when will they ever learn?

Where have all the artists gone....long time passing?

Where have all the artists gone.... long time ago?

Where have all the artists gone ?

Burdens weighed them down .... everyone.

I am still around, and I am still making art.

(thumbs u

:applause: It's true ! Gardens have a way of growing while you are not looking and if one is not diligent they will soon be out of control

I finished this commission recently:

I am also slowly building up my online gallery.

Fantastic work, Mio. Really impressive. The fabric folds and light/shadow are excellent, as are the reflections on the metal pots in your still life paintings.

A couple of newish still life works for those interested. These are both on postcard sized paper.

Cookware%20Postcard%20Country%20House_zpsbztn6inj.jpg

Pots%20and%20Strainers%20Postcard%20Country%20House_zpslq0ixswl.jpg

Here are some prints that I've done recently. These debuted at Derby City Comic Con 2015 in Louisville, KY.

spider_gwen_print_by_afowlerart-d8xj50e.jpg

kamala_khan_print_by_afowlerart-d8xj44z.jpg

spider_women_by_afowlerart-d8wtz16.jpg

I do take commissions, if anyone's interested.

Edited by afowlerart

Tower%20Title.jpg

This is opening for a lengthy comic book story I have been working on. I am trying to do something that will make people forget Maus, Our Cancer Year and Fun Home. Chances are people will only remember to not spend so much time writing and drawing unless they are talented and working on an accessible topic (like the Holocaust, Cancer and GBLTQ). Still, if you love it, you do it.

Tower%20Title.jpg

This is opening for a lengthy comic book story I have been working on. I am trying to do something that will make people forget Maus, Our Cancer Year and Fun Home. Chances are people will only remember to not spend so much time writing and drawing unless they are talented and working on an accessible topic (like the Holocaust, Cancer and GBLTQ). Still, if you love it, you do it.

I am happy to report that the graphic novel of 200 pages and I am on page 128 at the moment, will be published by Caliber.

Tower%20Title.jpg

I am happy to report that the graphic novel of 200 pages and I am on page 128 at the moment, will be published by Caliber.

:applause:

That's fantastic, congrats!!!

Not mine, but my daughters. 16 years old last week. These are portaits of the band 21 Pilots.

CLMAdzrVAAACIKX.jpg

CLMAdz0UkAATHpH.jpg

About 2 years ago I posted a drawing of a giraffe she did and a kind boardie offered to purchase a commission. She worked up a Shawn of The Dead piece but failed to follow through over self-doubt about her portrait skills. She has come a long way. She is reading Frida Kahlo's biography now and has one about Georgia O'Keefe on deck. My little artist!

More from Tower of the Comic Book Freaks. This is page 132. Most of the comic book is drawn in my usual style which I would say resembles a cross between Sprang and an Archie artist. This page is different though.

Though it was drawn by me, in the context of the story it is drawn by an important but disgraced pre-code Horror artist, a peer of Williamson, Wood and Ingles who can no longer get work because of his testimony during the Senate Sub-Committe hearings in the 1950s. Furthermore, it is a drawing that uses a teenage model that he is trying to humiliate.

I will probably colour it and post it again later.

Allan%20Caldwell.jpeg