• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

Any story behind that one, gojira? Where did you come by your copy?

There's no big story behind this one. I just met a guy who needed some cash and offered me the book. His asking price was decent, so I pulled the trigger.

I just purchased a Hulk #181 and would like to join the club. It is not the highest grade but I am thrilled to own a copy again! It looks a little under-grade to me....maybe. Back cover looks about the same.

HULK%20181_zps23klktux.jpg

I just purchased a Hulk #181 and would like to join the club. It is not the highest grade but I am thrilled to own a copy again! It looks a little under-grade to me....maybe. Back cover looks about the same.

HULK%20181_zps23klktux.jpg

:applause:

Thanks guys! It is a great copy and I am happy with it. The main damage which doesn't really show up in the picture is the lower right corner. It is a bit crinkled. I imagine it could be pressed out and most likely get me a grade bump but I am fine with the comic the way it is.

This is the third copy that I have owned. When I was in 6th grade I traded a friend a bunch of Spider-Man comics for a copy that his step-father passed down. It would grade out around a 5.0. I ended up trading it a year later for a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #129 along with some other Spidey comics. Spider-Man always being my favorite.

A few years back I bought a nice CGC 8.0 copy on here but shortly after lost my job and had to sell it. I wish I still had that copy, it was sweet! At the time it was $500, now a 8.0 is much, much more! I paid more then that for this 3.5 copy.

This one will stay with me for the long haul though.

Amazing how we almost always regret selling and hardly ever regret buying.

At least that is my personal experience and I know as I get older the idea of selling is not even a passing thought anymore.

Congrats again on getting another copy and a "keeper" at that!