• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

This is lava™ - breaking open fresh new ground and smokin' hot.   {----------  :acclaim:

Mark Ronson, Kevin Parker and this monster on guitar by the name of Kirin J Callinan (he's the one surrounded by pedals) who reminds me a lot of Adrian Belew. Actually, he's kinda like a cross between Belew and Steve Stevens.

So good. :cloud9:

You know how sometimes you find out that you've been singing a song incorrectly? Usually one, maybe two words that sound like something else.

Skuse me while I kiss this guy...kinda thing.

Well, Daffodils is one of those songs where I don't think I understood ANY of the words comin' outta Kevin Parker's mouth. lol

I finally looked them up this morning because the song turned into a major earworm.

"Daffodils"

(feat. Kevin Parker)

Run your fingers down the cool

Underbelly of the blue evening

Crank that vapor-wagon

Start that kick dragon beating

Step out on the patio

Follow where your daddy-o's leading

Wrestle with our shadow twins

Hold'em till they're glowin' in warning

Hit that bubble kit now

Laughin' as you breathe out, easy

Drop another daffodil

We can push on through till morning

Drop another daffodil sail off the map until morning

Baby just say no to sleep

Bodies got to keep exploring

Sweet volcano violence

Vast new continents spawning

Drop another daffodil

We can push on through till morning

Drop another daffodil sail right off the map until morning

Put another record on

Maybe Chaka Khan or Rocky

Catch on fire above the

Green empire of the kraken

Flow with the isosceles

To the beat of six knees knocking

Drop another daffodil we can push on through till morning

Drop another daffodil sail right off the map until morning

Actually, I think I got "patio" and "morning."

Attack On Titan Hits Fifty Million Copies In Print

Wow. Japan loves it some AoT.

we have the statistics that, internationally, the manga series by Hajime Isayama, Attack On Titan has sold more than fifty million copies in total.

That breaks down into 44 million copies in Japanese, 2.5 million in English and I reckon a good chunk of that will be in French.

Spread over 16 volumes, that’s an average of over three million copies each volume, with usual practices weighting that towards the front, so estimates of between five and ten million for the first volume would not be out of line.

In comparison, sales monster Walking Dead, now into 22 million copies, back in 2011 had sold two million copies and by 2013 had sold another million. The TV series has continued to boost sales, and international sales will also have boomed… but they probably have some way to go.

'Prometheus 2' In January 2016

In the latest issue of Total Film (print edition), it says amidst a profile of "The Martian," that Scott will shoot "Prometheus 2" in January 2016. “I’ve got back into the sci-fi thing, I kind of adore it,” he told the magazine.

[+]

Update

I've had some problems with the first game. The links became corrupted after I moved it, and it's taken forever to fix.

I'm still working on it, but I'll have it fixed and ready soon. I'm thinking of launching it next week...maybe Friday around Noon PST.

A few things I do know and can tell you in advance:

- This is a video-based music game.

- Songs will be identified by number in the video

- There will be 10 songs, each approximately one minute in length.

- Each song will be worth 5 to 10 points depending on the degree of difficulty.

- Points will be earned by being the first to correctly post the song title, artist, and corresponding number in the DFJ (Example: #3 "The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?)" by Ylvis)

- Most of the songs in this particular game will be pretty easy to identify.

If there's a lot of participation and interest, I might do more; otherwise these are WAY to difficult to produce. :cry:

I was telling my brother about that Yelp post you posted a few days ago and he said that they removed a 5 star rating he had received because he refused to pay for their service.

What D Bags

I hate them.