• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,284 posts in this topic

Two nice additions to my Atlas collection courtesy of some great boardies!

Adventures%20Into%20Weird%20Worlds%20%2019_zpsxbaooqp2.jpg

The AIWW had some good stories including a rare two parter (The Empty Room) that is promised to continue in issue 20 (that I sadly do not have :sorry: )

AIWW19%20The%20Empty%20Room_zpswwbhhdkh.jpg

And I just love the title to this one!

AIWW19%20The%20Shriek%20Of%20Araby_zpsuq5couif.jpg

And now I know what happened to Kurt Ravec...in the dark! :o

Mystic%20%2013_zpsnauablo7.jpg

All of the ones mentioned seem to trade at a premium. I wouldn't mind seeing a Church Atlas? Haven't been looking that long but really can't recall seeing any.

Only one I've ever owned. Sadly no more. Selling it is my biggest collecting regret of the last 5 years.

mar22373a_zps5f313f2f.jpg[/img]

(worship) (thumbs u

All of the ones mentioned seem to trade at a premium. I wouldn't mind seeing a Church Atlas? Haven't been looking that long but really can't recall seeing any.

Only one I've ever owned. Sadly no more. Selling it is my biggest collecting regret of the last 5 years.

mar22373a_zps5f313f2f.jpg[/img]

(worship) (thumbs u

....... there were actually quite a few Atlas books in the Church hoard. Boardie MarkWoodcock started a thread with an easily accessible list of everything that was available in the CBG ad from 1977. While several thousand books were already gone, there were still 14,000 + books remaining. It seems logical that many of the Atlas books that were missing from the list had already sold..... especially considering that the majority of them were between 3 and 10 dollars each. Still, that was pricey for 1977..... as a comparison, I purchased raw OO copies (about 9.0) of X-Men 1 and JIM 85 for $ 11 for BOTH of them a year earlier. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

The AIWW had some good stories including a rare two parter (The Empty Room) that is promised to continue in issue 20 (that I sadly do not have :sorry: )

Nice pickups, Jayman!

I used to have the AIWW 19, musta sold it some time ago. I still do have the Mystic 13; love that cover!

Nice pickups, Jayman!

I used to have the AIWW 19, musta sold it some time ago. I still do have the Mystic 13; love that cover!

AIWW 19 has one of my favorite stories by Chuck Winter "The Exterminator"..... Winter had this cool "underground comics" style..... almost like he could have been R Crumb's daddy. GOD BLESS...

AIWW 19 has one of my favorite stories by Chuck Winter "The Exterminator"..... Winter had this cool "underground comics" style..... almost like he could have been R Crumb's daddy. GOD BLESS...

I just posted that complete story in the PCH Stories thread, go and read it! :baiting:

Nice pickups, Jayman!

Do you have AIWW 20 with the 2nd part of the story The Empty Room?

Would love to know what happens! :wishluck:

Nice pickups, Jayman!

Nope, sorry; the next one I have is #24.

Nice pickups, Jayman!

I should have this will try to post tomorrow.

Nice pickups, Jayman!

I should have this will try to post tomorrow.

(thumbs u

Here's a nice copy of a cool book. The first copy I ever owned came from an OO collection that belonged to an employer of mine years ago.... that one was kind of rough. This one is a tad nicer.Bill (his name...) had stored them in his attic in Charles Chips tin drums..... he had mostly horror while his wife (they married at 17 and both read comics still...) had romance and even a Wonder Woman 45 (origin issue). There was a Menace 1 in there also.... first time I ever laid eyes on a copy. GOD BLESS.....

DSCN1508%202.jpg

Nice book Jimbo!

This one arrived recently. I just couldn't help myself when I saw it pop up for sale. So pretty.

IMG_2586.jpg

..... a quintessential poster child for Atlas PCH..... and the stories are great too.... one of the good ones :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

Here's a nice copy of a cool book. The first copy I ever owned came from an OO collection that belonged to an employer of mine years ago.... that one was kind of rough. This one is a tad nicer.Bill (his name...) had stored them in his attic in Charles Chips tin drums..... he had mostly horror while his wife (they married at 17 and both read comics still...) had romance and even a Wonder Woman 45 (origin issue). There was a Menace 1 in there also.... first time I ever laid eyes on a copy. GOD BLESS.....

DSCN1508%202.jpg

Now that's a very sweet pick-up Jimbo! :cloud9: