• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

90's VALIANT Comics Thread

289 posts in this topic

I much prefer VH1's experiments to what VEI's doing today.

Example. This week's new books. Do we really need _9_ different covers for Bloodshot Reborn # 1?

Really?

There are more than 9. :(

Read the old Harbinger 0 for the first time today. Can't believe people cover priced their 1-6 books back in the 90's for yanking the coupons out to get those 16 pages.

Did you say 'read'?

:o

:baiting:

Wow...my bad. Bloodshot Reborn's _18_ different covers.

To reboot a title less than 3 years old. This is the type of thing that the old-school Valiant was specifically against.

And it's not like there's huge customer demand, given that the title was selling less than 8,000 copies a month last year.

Lots of Hype behind Bloodshot right now.......I am certain there is another reason for the publicity. *Cough***movie***Cough*

While the previous Bloodshot run was averaging only 8,000 copies printed, they had to have a large digital fan base as well I am sure. This is the 21st century

IDW Trasnformers, my favorite title, does around 10K per month print. but a large amount not counted is digital sales. I am ok with that as printed copies are just more rare, and RI 1:10 covers even more so.

But I agree, too many variant covers makes it unbearable.

Read the old Harbinger 0 for the first time today. Can't believe people cover priced their 1-6 books back in the 90's for yanking the coupons out to get those 16 pages.

Did you say 'read'?

:o

:baiting:

It was the 2nd printing that came with the Trade, not Harbinger 0 Pink. Cannot read slabs.........and uh, I don't have any.....YET.

I don't count additional digital sales because it's a level playing field.

Most comic books are available digitally today as well, so saying "but but...digital!" is immaterial.

When Princess Leia # 1 can sell more than a quarter million copies, Orphan Black can hit nearly half a million, and even a Thor Annual can sell well over 50k, under 10k in floppies doesn't look good.

Hi everyone, kinda new here and my first post.

I have some winning prizes (Harbinger 0-5, with coupons and signed Solar 10) from the Valiant Serial Number Contest from way back when. A few of the Harbingers and Solar 10 are bagged and "sealed" in a marked Valiant bag. "Sealed" meaning a gold sticker placed over the flap. Should I open them and have them slabbed or leave them as is?

Thanks

I have some winning prizes (Harbinger 0-5, with coupons and signed Solar 10) from the Valiant Serial Number Contest from way back when. A few of the Harbingers and Solar 10 are bagged and "sealed" in a marked Valiant bag. "Sealed" meaning a gold sticker placed over the flap. Should I open them and have them slabbed or leave them as is?

Thanks

Interesting. Do you have pictures? Normally I'd say that a seal is irrelevant but if it's verifiable that it's from the serial number contest, you're very likely to find some interest in them over at valiantfans.com

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

Thanks

Interesting. Do you have pictures? Normally I'd say that a seal is irrelevant but if it's verifiable that it's from the serial number contest, you're very likely to find some interest in them over at valiantfans.com

Heck yeah, I would hold off on the slabbing. I didn't even know they actually gave out any prizes from that contest. I don't recall ever seeing any pictures of books given out as prizes like you describe.

Please take a few pictures, if only for posterity. Post them here or at the forums on valiantfans.com.

Just spent the day going through long boxes of Valiant overstock sorting them into order :ohnoez: I'm not familiar with the line bar reading some of the VEI titles last year but is Bloodshot and Rai the same character? The white skinned man with a red circle on his chest?

Just spent the day going through long boxes of Valiant overstock sorting them into order :ohnoez: I'm not familiar with the line bar reading some of the VEI titles last year but is Bloodshot and Rai the same character? The white skinned man with a red circle on his chest?

Rai is from the year 4000... and his lineage does trace back to present day Bloodshot.

The blending of man and machine through the use of computers and nanotechnology. (thumbs u

Here are a few pics, sorry about the quality. A friend was one of the winners and he gave me several pieces which included the books and a few original art pages. Not exactly sure what he won.

harbingerset_asm_zpsbnvjctal.jpg

harbingerset_bsm_zpshi8y6i3j.jpg

harbingerset_csm_zpsodd9haig.jpg

harbingerset_dsm_zpsgdmbrulr.jpg

harbingerset_esm_zpsttoueanx.jpg

harbingerset_fsm_zpsqp6nv8on.jpg

harbingerset_gsm_zpsd1ujviw2.jpg