• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A.K.A. Jessica Jones on Netflix (11/20/15)
3 3

840 posts in this topic

Jessica Jones Executive Producers Talk Luke Cage, Killgrave and More

Luke Cage (Mike Colter): What’s great about it is that, first of all, you get to meet Mike Colter and I think that’s really the thing that’s most generous of what Melissa did is to allow this show to offer him an opportunity for people to get to know him. He is important to the show and he is important to the story of Jessica Jones and who she is. It would not be Jessica Jones unless you at least understood how Luke affected her life and where she is. What’s wonderful about it is they’re still very early on in this world so who he is and what he’s doing and where he is in his story, allows us to tell a great deal of story that happens before and story that happens afterwards.

Hellcat (Rachael Taylor): I think that when people see it, they’ll recognize that it very much not only works for today’s audience but in the same kind of way, gave Rachael Taylor a very real and grounded place. But what was most important was the relationship between her and Jessica and how these two women who in some ways are sisters, in terms of their friendship, could be that different and yet on the same token, believe in the same kinds of things and that question of what is it to be a hero and the responsibilities that you have when you have abilities is something that brings them together and also continually pushes them apart.

Purple Man (David Tennant): In the same kind of way Vincent D’onofrio owned his half of Daredevil, you’ll see David Tennant own his half of Jessica Jones so that you’re continually finding this incredible balance. I think one of the things that Melissa handled so beautifully is that there are times where there are questions about what the villain is doing and you will be uncomfortably okay or not so much against what he’s doing until you go “Oh no, you’re really the villain. You really are a horrible person.”

4dapuhq.jpg

The color is a nod to the show's antagonist Zebediah Killgrave, who is more well known as The Purple Man. The sadistic mind-controller will be played by David Tennant, who is best known for his role as The Tenth Doctor on BBC’s science fiction television series Doctor Who.

Did we get an official drop date that I missed somewhere? I just see the post stating it'll happen before 2016. Was there anything more concrete yet?

Just this so far.

Netflix Narrows Down JESSICA JONES Release Window

In addition to the Jessica Jones release date info, Netflix also stated that fans should expect a new Marvel series to stream every six months. With Daredevil premiering earlier this year in April, a six-month gap would have Jessica Jones launching in October, which supports Netflix's comment that Jessica Jones would stream in 4Q 2015. Continuing along that same six-month release window, Daredevil season 2 (which is filming in NYC right now. Jessica Jones wrapped 3 days ago.) would premire in April 2016. This statement from Netflix refutes previous remarks from the company that each Marvel series would steam a year apart.

Did we get an official drop date that I missed somewhere? I just see the post stating it'll happen before 2016. Was there anything more concrete yet?
There was an earlier report that stated: "...would stream in 4Q 2015".

And this report from yesterday (Aug 12) 'Marvel's Jessica Jones' Netflix Release Date: Rosario Dawson To Appear As Part Of 'Daredevil' Crossover?

"As of writing, Netflix has not yet revealed the official release date for "Jessica Jones." However reports reveal that it might be released later this year."

edit: too slow typing, but Bosco685 got you covered. (thumbs u Being August, 4 months left, we're awfully close to "Coming Soon" territory. :wishluck::ohnoez:

There was an earlier report that stated: "...would stream in 4Q 2015".

And this report from yesterday (Aug 12) 'Marvel's Jessica Jones' Netflix Release Date: Rosario Dawson To Appear As Part Of 'Daredevil' Crossover?

"As of writing, Netflix has not yet revealed the official release date for "Jessica Jones." However reports reveal that it might be released later this year."

edit: too slow typing, but Bosco685 got you covered. (thumbs u Being August, 4 months left, we're awfully close to "Coming Soon" territory. :wishluck::ohnoez:

:foryou:

I just finished reading all 4 Alias TPBs.

Wow! Seriously great writing. Well done Mr Bendis.

If this show is done right it's really going to play with your emotions.

I'm a big "Strangers in Paradise" fan. Jessica reminds me of Katchoo. A Smarta$$ with a troubled past.

And what timing.

Marvel's JESSICA JONES Episode Titles Leak

Out of curiosity, a reddit user increased the number in the URL for the Jessica Jones series by one digit. This code, and the 12 following it, seem to give episode titles for the entire season of Jessica Jones.

Assuming the titles are on there in order, here's what they are:

1x01 - AKA Ladies Night (52m)

1x02 - AKA Crush Syndrome (52m)

1x03 - AKA It's Called Whiskey (54m)

1x04 - AKA 99 Friends

1x05 - AKA The Sandwich Saved Me (50m)

1x06 - AKA You're a Winner (54m)

1x07 - AKA Top Shelf Perverts

1x08 - AKA WWJD?

1x09 - AKA Sin Bin

1x10 - AKA The Kumbaya Circle Jerk

1x11 - AKA I've Got the Blues

1x12 - AKA Jewel and the Power Man

1x13 - AKA Smile

I just finished reading all 4 Alias TPBs.

Wow! Seriously great writing. Well done Mr Bendis.

I never read any of these stories.

hm

You're missing out. Read them! :)

At first I didn't like the art, but it kind of grew on me after a while, and by the end of the series I really liked the art. The covers are all cool.

But the writing, the writing is as good as it gets. I hope Bendis won some sort of award for this series, because it's that good.