• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walking Dead #1 Black Label vs White Label - an Answer! UPDATED 2/4/14
2 2

304 posts in this topic

You guys are not going to win an argument with him. :sorry:

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-14%20at%207.17.51%20AM.png

Listen, and understand! That Terminator JayDog is out there! It He can't be bargained with. It He can't be reasoned with It And it he absolutely will not stop, ever..

lol You guys are hilarious. Fighting this long and this hard, trying so desperately to cleave to the notion that, on a good day, your walking dead 1 with a black "mature readers" label instead of a white one, "might" go for an extra fifty bucks. Truly, hilarious, especially considering some of the monster books most of you own that actually do make people drool with envy. :roflmao:

-J.

hm

Nobody is doing that. What colour is your sky? How many moons?

Listen, and understand! That Terminator JayDog is out there! It He can't be bargained with. It He can't be reasoned with It And it he absolutely will not stop, ever..

lol You guys are hilarious. Fighting this long and this hard, trying so desperately to cleave to the notion that, on a good day, your walking dead 1 with a black "mature readers" label instead of a white one, "might" go for an extra fifty bucks. Truly, hilarious, especially considering some of the monster books most of you own that actually do make people drool with envy. :roflmao:

-J.

FWIW, I don't own a single copy of Walking Dead 1. Makes no difference to me.

As long as it didn't become a separate issue (like a white and black variant), I don't think it would be a big deal to note them on the label (on the right side) under the notes - for example, 'White Mature Readers Label' or 'Black Mature Readers Label.' But no to the new slot - forever no to that!!!

But then why have it at all? Isn't it obvious? If was something you couldn't see through the slab I would understand it. I don't see the point.

Perhaps the point is to get an idea of how many of each exist? I have no real opinion on the matter. Maybe a poll would be best before its further pushed. Rarity aside I just prefer the small detail of how the black pops. I don't own either own though.

The notes section would not help you get an idea of how many exist.

To track it then there would be some sort of variant notation. And you could see how many registry sets would need a 2nd copy. My bank account would enjoy the change but I don't see it as fair. I would be really surprised if CGC even considered it. It has been requested a few times and instantly shot down.

But then why have it at all? Isn't it obvious? If was something you couldn't see through the slab I would understand it. I don't see the point.

CGC notes a lot of obvious things on the label, IMO…I could take it or leave it, it's not super high on my personal priority list to accomplish either way ;) As long as they never create a second slot and treat them as white/black variants, I'd be happy with the notation or stay just as content without it - if that makes sense. (thumbs u

-J.

Brother I don't know why people give you so much sh-t. I agree with 90% of your posts,and I fully agree with this post. The black\white thing seems so ludicrous.

CGC notes a lot of obvious things on the label, IMO…I could take it or leave it, it's not super high on my personal priority list to accomplish either way ;) As long as they never create a second slot and treat them as white/black variants, I'd be happy with the notation or stay just as content without it - if that makes sense. (thumbs u

I would suggest that if you don't want a 2nd slot that you don't help get the notation. I've seen it before. :foryou: