• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

CGpVUMr.png

These guys are toast.

They tried to use mafioso tactics on one of my brothers who owned a pet store - your basic protection scam. First they wrote a bogus review (it was obvious), then they called and offered protection from bad reviews for a price. With their paid service, any bad review is deleted (so much for their service being legitimate in any way). When he refused, he suddenly received a half dozen bad reviews in a row. They called again, he refused again, more bad reviews. At the time, he thought Yelp was really hurting his business since so many people used the service.

CNN Article

Media reports about fake reviews appear to be tarnishing the platform's image in the minds of consumers, business owners and employees.

"You've got this cloud of distrust. The end result is that people are using it less and less. That is a going-out-of-business trend," said Rob Enderle, principal analyst at the Enderle Group.

All of this is bad news for a company that has been losing momentum for months. The stock used to trade above $100 in March 2014. Now it trades under $25 a share.

Our version of a free market does work - it just takes time.

:applause:

For the serious gamer.

When I was up at a computer store last week and having a look around, I noticed a gamer's chair with a triple flatscreen, a mere $50,000 ( approx, converted from £). :facepalm:

A bit rich for me, having gone up just for a $50 hard drive to install in my PS 3. I was content with that.

You may remember the various versions I've posted of my Sriracha Chicken.

Q2WKPos.jpg

Well, I wanted to see if J4S could replace the sriracha sauce and how that would affect the flavor.

Here are the results of substituting about 1/3 C J4S for the sriracha sauce.

qr8KMey.jpg

vBAoXEy.jpg

lol

It tasted great - about the same heat but with a different flavor. But next time I'll have to add some liquid, since it came out too dry.

I must say, I'm really partial to that sriracha sauce. I like the color much better with the chicken and black beans. It's really just a red versus green preference for me.

Anyway, Jimmers' Jiffy Jumpin' Jalapeno Salsa was a success! Give it a whirl sometime - it's quick, tasty and easy to make.

(Fini)

I am very happy,proud,abashed and pleased you liked it....I forgot to add,I think not to strain the can..but...

Now,i cant wait to see how the chipolte and salsa tomatillo Verde turn out...ive some other quick and easy recipes to share as well...like a nice pico,or red sauce....a whole mexican kitchen really...as a waiter,i still learned all I could,to inform the customer...and impress the wife,family,friends.

Thanks for the play by play,and credit....and for enjoying ir and giving me the opportunity to share.

Those always make me laugh.
That's because I'm Batman!!

(tsk)

I like the one where he says something along the lines of "I'm what the city deserves, not what it needs. It's complicated."

My favorite Batman is always deeply disturbed, angry, neurotic, obsessive and slightly murderous.