• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A.K.A. Jessica Jones on Netflix (11/20/15)
3 3

840 posts in this topic

I think they're wrong on that 2016 date.

Or Netflix decided to drop it like RIGHT after the New Year instead of trying to hope for good watch numbers in that Thanksgiving thru New Year cluster-frank of holidays & shopping & everything else. That's a super busy time of the year for a lot of their audience & hoping for DD-like watch-rate on something that time of year might be a pipe dream. But January 1st or 2nd or something? That's a whole other story. Post-New-Years hangover sprawled on the couch trying to find something to watch? Flip to Netflix and boom... brand new Marvel content? Yeah...

Jessica Jones Set Photos Show a Bloody Krysten Ritter

It’s a busy day for the Marvel Cinematic Universe! On the heels of a viral video with a potential long-range effect on the MCU and the announcement that Elodie Yung will be joining “Daredevil” season two as Elektra, comes a dozen new photos from the Jessica Jones set. In the gallery viewer below, you can take a look at “Breaking Bad” and “Don’t Trust the B- In Apt. 23″ star Krysten Ritter as she films scenes for the upcoming Marvel series and, apparently, gets a bit bloody in the process.

QQ8tcX0l.jpg

Brian Michael Bendis Watches Episodes of Jessica Jones

As it turns out he has actually seen the first two episodes, and here’s what he thinks. “The show is so good. I have seen the first couple of episodes and because I didn’t work on it directly I can say this with full no ego fanfare: I loved it!! And believe me; I was going to be the hardest on it, harder than any of you. “

“Jessica is a part of my DNA. A bad Jessica jones show would have hurt me deeply. But it is faithful and lively and everything that I could personally have wanted from the show. The mean streets of marvel Netflix from a different perspective than matt’s but at the same time… it all fits. Just like the comics on their best day.” Bendis continued “just like Netflix DD, the look of the show is cracklin’ noir but with its own palette.”

So I'm feeling more and more right about the vibes they're giving these shows. Especially with how Bendis describes JJ.

A gangster story for DD

A detective noir for Jessica Jones

A modernized blaxploitation/urban story for Luke Cage

A 70's Kung Fu/John Woo/Hong Kong cinema story for Iron Fist.

Netflix Narrows Down JESSICA JONES Release Window

In addition to the Jessica Jones release date info, Netflix also stated that fans should expect a new Marvel series to stream every six months. With Daredevil premiering earlier this year in April, a six-month gap would have Jessica Jones launching in October, which supports Netflix's comment that Jessica Jones would stream in 4Q 2015. Continuing along that same six-month release window, Daredevil season 2 (which is filming in NYC right now. Jessica Jones wrapped 3 days ago.) would premire in April 2016. This statement from Netflix refutes previous remarks from the company that each Marvel series would steam a year apart.

JESSICA JONES Showrunner Teases Dark Tone, Differences To DAREDEVIL, And More

"Jessica Jones is a very different show from Daredevil. We exist in a cinematic universe, the mythology of the universe is connected, but it will look very different. Tonally they’re very different. If you pick up Bendis’ Alias and pick up Daredevil, they’re wildly different. That was my one concern. Would I have to fit in with Daredevil? The answer was, ‘No, we’re hiring you for your point of view.’"

"The one thing [where] Steven [DeKnight] has the advantage, his show was called Daredevil but Daredevil has an outfit. Charlie Cox can get a break once in a while. My show is called Jessica Jones. There is no mask. Krysten Ritter is the hardest working actress." That sounds like the right approach with this particular character, and the showrunner definitely appears to be looking in the best place for inspiration. "It all starts with Brian Michael Bendis’s Alias series. He created this incredibly flawed, damaged interesting character. Regardless of gender, it was the character that drew me. He wasn’t afraid to go there and we went even further. We’ve gone further in all of our storytelling. [is] the audience going to respond to this or not? I don’t know, but if I’m afraid of it I’m doing the right thing."

Rosario Dawson's DAREDEVIL Character Will Appear On JESSICA JONES

One thing she did confirm, however, was that Jessica Jones/Daredevil crossover we've been hearing about; as according to the showrunner, Rosario Dawson's Claire Temple will be a part of the show. "I think I'm allowed to say: Rosario Dawson will be dropping in," she revealed. "Smaller characters that populated that world will be popping in."

Uh-oh everyone, the Mary Sue has some complaints with the show, those complaints however are never specified, that's right it's up to the reader to figure that one out (I'm assuming it deals with rape)

http://www.themarysue.com/jessica-jones-tv-series-reportedly-goes-further-than-the-comics-we-have-some-concerns/

Uh-oh everyone, the Mary Sue has some complaints with the show, those complaints however are never specified, that's right it's up to the reader to figure that one out (I'm assuming it deals with rape)

http://www.themarysue.com/jessica-jones-tv-series-reportedly-goes-further-than-the-comics-we-have-some-concerns/

They are never specified because The Mary Sue hasn't seen any footage from the show yet. They're basing this entire article on the comments said by Marvel. It's a non-story puff piece.