• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,596 posts in this topic

he then went ahead and messaged to me start gloating he found a sap to pay close to his outlandish asking price for that particular book.

How exactly have you determined the price was outlandish?

he was asking if i recall correctly $900 dollars or so and when I LAST TIME checked the sold prices on ebay they were going NO WHERE NEAR that price.

Wait....

You said this earlier:

I don't keep up with all the current sales on any particular book.

Post #8720617, July 5.

So....which is it? You DO check prices, or you DON'T?

hm

(PS. I've edited back the title of the thread. If you don't want to keep seeing your name, you should make some effort to do the same in your posts.)

I appreciate you editing that as well.... to answer your question, NO i don't check the values of books constantly or on a regular basis. i don't make a living on buying and selling comics, to me this is just a hobby... so in reality i don't care. i DO however check when it's one of the books i already own just to see the going rate via ebay's list of sold items just for curiosity.

as far as the discussion pertaining Myself and the guy whom disappeared on here... I DID check AFTER all the BS posts started piling on here about lowball offers and what not. because i was curious to see what the value is of that book. and as i even look right now at this moment NONE that i see sold for close to $900 or $1000... and im not counting the Signed one with $1125 price or best offer im only refering to the regular 9.8 graded CGC ones.

That's how i determined the price was OUTLANDISH.

Edited by Donmeca2020

he then went ahead and messaged to me start gloating he found a sap to pay close to his outlandish asking price for that particular book.

he was asking if i recall correctly $900 dollars or so and when I LAST TIME checked the sold prices on ebay they were going NO WHERE NEAR that price.

Wait....

You said this earlier:

Post #8720617, July 5.

hm

(PS. I've edited back the title of the thread. If you don't want to keep seeing your name, you should make some effort to do the same in your posts.)

I appreciate you editing that as well.... to answer your question, NO i don't check the values of books constantly or on a regular basis. i don't make a living on buying and selling comics, to me this is just a hobby... so in reality i don't care. i DO however check when it's one of the books i already own just to see the going rate via ebay's list of sold items just for curiosity.

Sorry, but that answer doesn't jibe.

When I posted the sales for this book, showing an average of $700 going back at least 6 months over 25+ sales, your reply was "I don't keep up with all the current sales of a book"...meaning, you were claiming that you had no idea what the Fair Market Value of this book was.

Now, you've changed your tune, saying, "oh...ohhhhhh....you mean THIS book....oh, yeah, I totally checked out THIS one."

It can't be both. Either you checked out the prices, and therefore KNEW what the book's FMV was, or you didn't, and thus had an excuse for your 79% off FMV offer. You can't keep your story straight.

The conversation is still intact, several pages back, if anyone wants to check it.

as far as the discussion pertaining Myself and the guy whom disappeared on here... I DID check AFTER all the BS posts started piling on here about lowball offers and what not. because i was curious to see what the value is of that book. and as i even look right now at this moment NONE that i see sold for close to $900 or $1000... and im not counting the Signed one with $1125 price or best offer im only refering to the regular 9.8 graded CGC ones.

Do you have any proof that elektra101 was asking $900 or $1000?

And why is it you neglect to mention your offering price...?

Because it casts you in a bad light...?

hm

You might want to get a shovel, it's getting a bit deep.

Wait....

You said this earlier:

Post #8720617, July 5.

hm

Sorry, but that answer doesn't jibe.

When I posted the sales for this book, showing an average of $700 going back at least 6 months over 25+ sales, your reply was "I don't keep up with all the current sales of a book"...meaning, you were claiming that you had no idea what the Fair Market Value of this book was.

Now, you've changed your tune, saying, "oh...ohhhhhh....you mean THIS book....oh, yeah, I totally checked out THIS one."

It can't be both. Either you checked out the prices, and therefore KNEW what the book's FMV was, or you didn't, and thus had an excuse for your 79% off FMV offer. You can't keep your story straight.

The conversation is still intact, several pages back, if anyone wants to check it.

Do you have any proof that elektra101 was asking $900 or $1000?

And why is it you neglect to mention your offering price...?

Because it casts you in a bad light...?

hm

You might want to get a shovel, it's getting a bit deep.

i offered the guy $200 bucks.... once again it's the asking buy it now price or make an offer. i made an offer, and i stand by what i say i don't normally check the value of whats going on and what's hot. i don't make a living off this as alot of you do. i simply collect and buy comics as a personal hobby. im not digging mess..... Are we starting the usual let's attack someone because he's not a regular here again? that's what it looks like all over again.

Edited by Donmeca2020

Hey let's give Donmeca a break-he seems to have dropped the attitude that got him in hot water at first. I'm all about second chances.

Hey let's give Donmeca a break-he seems to have dropped the attitude that got him in hot water at first. I'm all about second chances.

as always (rarely), I'm with KAV!

did this guy make unnecessarily confusing conflicting statements to defend himself when most would agree he didn't even need a defense?

"This guy had the option of BIN or best offer. I threw out my best offer, per the rules of ebay which we both agreed upon. Whether it was a little low, or a lot low, the seller refused my offer, as was his right and happens a million times a day on ebay, and in every other sort of business. If he'd accepted my offer, I would have paid him promptly the agreed upon price. He refused my offer, and proceeded rub his final selling price in my face after making a sale, then bragging about it here on the boards. These are the facts, and they are undisputed. Block me if you want, but either way you never have to make a deal with me or anyone else for a price you don't like, and you always have the auto-reject option to deal with offers you think are too low." I would have gone with this, just the facts, a little logic and practical application.

There will always be someone who disagrees with your motivations and methods, and its not always as easy to articulate your feelings in a clear concise way that is easily understood by others. But everyone understands FACTS. So especially if they support you, I'd say go with those....

this is not comics related but I thought it might lighten the mood perhaps---

noticed this offer while searching for other things that were nothing like it. Anyway-- I reported this ad and blocked this fool simply to avoid them already and encourage you do the same just in case they get the comic buying bug.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/my-virginity-/221827272502?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a5ef8f36

SELLER SCAM ALERT ON EBAY

SELLER ID = isoldgrit

Bought and paid for X-Men 101 CGC 8.0 SS and weeks later he sent me an envelope containing Identity Block.

How fitting as I just got scammed :(

Luckily I filed a dispute a few days after I got tracking showing it is coming as an envelope.

BEWARE!!

Two More Deadbeat buyers

eddijusti, won an auction, asked to provide better pictures and never hear from again

medioarts, Bought an item that was factory sealed, Blames me for it being broken, cooperated on giving a refund, Looked at the FB left for others, seems like he has a long history of leaving negative and neutral FB's, a very miserable person

SELLER ID = isoldgrit

Bought and paid for X-Men 101 CGC 8.0 SS and weeks later he sent me an envelope containing Identity Block.

Luckily I filed a dispute a few days after I got tracking showing it is coming as an envelope.

BEWARE!!

None of this makes any sense.

SELLER ID = isoldgrit

BEWARE!!

None of this makes any sense.

What doesn't make sense?

I paid for a comic book. Seller sent me just an envelope with just paper inside.

First time posting in here! Hooray!

on 7/19 eBay buyer sheshe-rsnwm6 won an Archie #31 for me for a grand total of $12.50 and never paid. Won't respond to emails, no contact, opened a case with eBay, still no word from this person.

Maybe I am being overly cautious.

$575 item + shipping

2 Feedback Buyer with two transactions total over the course of 11 years.

Unconfirmed address

Delivery confirmation not available to their country according to eBay (Switzerland according to seller shipping sheet - which I might add also struck me as curious and I called and they confirmed)

Contacted buyer... no response

Initiated a cancel a sale... no response

Three days go by and payment made.

Called eBay and Paypal... they also said that it was sketchy

Refund of money and I blocked the buyer.

I think I did the right thing here.

I was also told by "Joel" of eBay that if he leaves me a neg to call them since it is after I initiated a cancel the sale and because he does not have a confirmed address if anyone else finds that information useful.

eBay removed the feedback you left? Did they give you a reason?

seller isoldgrit sent and empty box to me, too. been dealing with this guy's empty promises for 7 weeks and wondering how such a negligent seller could have good feedback.

to hear that ebay deleted your feedback is very discouraging. if you have any advice, please share.

eBay removed the feedback you left? Did they give you a reason?

seller isoldgrit sent and empty box to me, too. been dealing with this guy's empty promises for 7 weeks and wondering how such a negligent seller could have good feedback.

to hear that ebay deleted your feedback is very discouraging. if you have any advice, please share.

They said it violated their feedback policy.

He claimed he shipped my book to somebody in California and trying to get it back. PayPal gave him 2 weeks to response to the dispute but he failed to respond so he tried to appeal and PayPal denied it.

You're better off filing a dispute.

As far as I know they only remove it if it contains cursing or something

A dispute is underway. I'll avoid using curses in my feedback and hope that ebay doesn't take his side, as in the case with PhoKing. I looked up eBay's defect removal policy --

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/defect-removal.html#how

Looks pretty tight-knit, but there's some ambiguity that could be exploitable weaknesses.

Anyway, thanks gents, i'll just continue calling ebay and hopefully reach the right departments to get as much info as I can.