• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,803 posts in this topic

Aggressive pricing usually means the opposite. If a book is priced a good deal higher than current market value, it is priced aggressively.

Aggressive in my case meant just as I said. Dealer pricing to sell.

I think Pontoon is right.

When I see a low priced book, I dont think "Oh look at this aggressively priced book"

I’ve been collecting for 40 years. I have friends who are dealers, and talk to a lot of people who sell comics and collectibles and have never, ever heard anyone refer to a book that’s priced to move (i.e. cheaply) as being priced aggressively, just the opposite. A book that’s priced aggressively is testing the boundaries of the market. However, if folks wish to use the word according to their own personal definition that’s up to them.

Aggressive pricing usually means the opposite. If a book is priced a good deal higher than current market value, it is priced aggressively.

When I see a low priced book, I dont think "Oh look at this aggressively priced book"

I’ve been collecting for 40 years. I have friends who are dealers, and talk to a lot of people who sell comics and collectibles and have never, ever heard anyone refer to a book that’s priced to move (i.e. cheaply) as being priced aggressively, just the opposite. A book that’s priced aggressively is testing the boundaries of the market. However, if folks wish to use the word according to their own personal definition that’s up to them.

What DP said. I have never heard anyone say pricing anything low is pricing it aggressively ( I mean this for collectibles, real estate, cars, etc). If you price things low you are usually "pricing to sell/priced to sell" or something like that.

oy vey, the only thing that jumped out of me were the solar 3s for $5 as those are $25+ on feebay all day long as of late, but heck, we all overlook things once in a while

You're more than welcome to you opinion. Looking at my one sentence out of context may also make my intentions appear different.

How about this from Google?

pursuing one's aims and interests forcefully, sometimes unduly so.

"an aggressive businessman"

As a dealer, would his "aim and interest" not be to sell things?

You could say their aim and interest is to make as much money as possible

oy vey, the only thing that jumped out of me were the solar 3s for $5 as those are $25+ on feebay all day long as of late, but heck, we all overlook things once in a while

The bigger crime is selling X:O #1 for $5. I didn't think that book ever sold that low....send the rest you have my way, lol.

What if he's ugly and rich?

You do the math.

d0e7fd0c39de7d94f521d4d22e6c509b.jpg

This picture raises so many questions, all with assuredly hilarious answers.

That chair must be made out of adamantium

You do the math.

But even so, check out the buckling on the arm rest. :o

You do the math.

But even so, check out the buckling on the arm rest. :o

Looks like some Jabba and the Princess action.

eeeehhhh wookiee

Patrick

The bigger crime is selling X:O #1 for $5. I didn't think that book ever sold that low....send the rest you have my way, lol.

I picked up an X-O #1 priced $5 and a few other cheap key Valiants last year at NY Special Edition. And then the seller discounted the lot on top of that.

I picked up an X-O #1 priced $5 and a few other cheap key Valiants last year at NY Special Edition. And then the seller discounted the lot on top of that.

I really don't see the point of selling key books that cheap...maybe if you 100 at $1 a piece, but even still.

I really don't see the point of selling key books that cheap...maybe if you 100 at $1 a piece, but even still.

I used to sell baseball cards. It was early 1990s, Barry Bonds was smoking hot. His 1987 Fleer card was worth a ton (at least to a 20 year old). A year or two prior, I had broken up a factory set into team sets to sell. When I had done that, the Pirates weren't that good and Barry wasn't that popular so I put a $5, or maybe less, price sticker on it. It sat, and sat, and sat, until one show where some guy and his buddy happened upon it and squealed like I used to at x-mas.

If I had put it out for $20, like everyone else, I'd probably still own that 1987 Fleer Barry Bonds card. Instead I got a great story, and learned perspective.

If I had put X-0 1, or solar 3 out there for $20 or whatever, I'd still have them b/c everyone sells them for that. Plus the couple more copies I got at home. They were priced at that level Winter 2013, where they've sat and sat and sat.

Do I want the $5 now, and a customer for life who is going to seek me out first at shows, or do I want to babysit comics and sell much less volume.

Maybe the movie or tv show they're doing with Valiant properties is going to be a turd? Then where am I? Stuck with dollar books that nobody wants.

Maybe the show/movie is amazing. I still have several copies, and lest anyone think I'm going to price them at $5 too, please don't misunderstand me. I'll price it close to market, but with the aggressiveness to sell it, and not sit on it.

BTW, I've already gotten a PM asking me for stuff to sell. I politely declined. It's way too much effort to pack and ship and hassle around with the USPS with a stranger. Maybe if it was my only source of income. But I work 12 hour days, I don't want to spend time after that doing the comics by mail bit. Doing a show every three or four months is hassle enough for my prima donna rear.

Daring Adventures of Supergirl 18 might hit briefly. 1st app. Of Reactron...appearing in episode 3 of the Supergirl show.

Supergirl (1982 2nd Series) #8 1st Reactron

Sold my copy for $15 :)

Daring Adventures of Supergirl 18 might hit briefly. 1st app. Of Reactron...appearing in episode 3 of the Supergirl show.

It's issue #8.Very few online now and the online shops I checked were out already shortly after the announcement.

Could be considered a Bronze age as well. Right on that border.

Edited by ygogolak