• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

After these high grade beauties, a pair of new entries in my "selective", very small ASM collection.

#83 and #85, now I’ll have to pick a #84 when I find a nice deal. :)

isYRXITh.jpg

ZWZMbC2h.jpg

Also, since I don’t think I have ever posted them here, here’s a few others.

8fI6YwEm.jpg tvXYL6Jm.jpg 7wMDOzDm.jpg

This just in. Leaves me with just #1 and #4 to complete 1-150 in 9.6. I don't suppose anyone knows who owns the Pacific Coast copy of #4? Owned it back in '06 as a 9.4 but think it's now in a 9.6 holder. The other 2 copies in 9.6 are buried so would be my only shot. Pls lmk if you know. Would really appreciate it. Thx!

WDF0VG.jpg

1-150 in 9.6 is a radical accomplishment. Word on the street was that 63 was nearly impossible in 9.6.... your effort seems to add credence to that claim. Nailing down a 2 in 9.6 is also very noteworthy. The 4 has long been considered the toughest in 9.6 or higher, you may have to pack a lunch for that one......good luck. It might take 100K to shake loose a 9.6 ASM 4. Have you considered contacting Heritage, ComicConnect, Comic Link, and Pedigree with serious inquiries ? One of them would likely know at least where the Pacific Coast copy resides. Also, I wouldn't assume that Brulato's copy is out of reach..... I'd put out a feeler to him in the event a 9.8 turns up..... something like that may occur behind the scenes and it would behoove you to be in the queue for a 9.6 "undercopy" should that transpire. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here's a recent pick-up for my collection. Really love this Ditko cover! Don't know if it's the colors or the cool perspective but it's one of my favorites.

spider%206135.jpg

Very nice looking copy! I have always loved the cover of this issue as well. So cool with Spidey upside down like that. What is the grade?

Great pick up MintyMint! I hope you complete your run!

What do you mean they are buried? You know who has them?

Yes I do. As Jimbo pointed out, one is in a basement in Mahwah, NJ and the Twin Cities copy is held by an equally serious collector outside of Denver. I doubt either of those copies comes loose anytime soon but Jimbo makes a good point and I'll be sure to let each holder know to keep me in mind if they ever upgrade to a 9.8. Feel that could take a while is all... lol

Edited by MintyMint

Here's a recent pick-up for my collection. Really love this Ditko cover! Don't know if it's the colors or the cool perspective but it's one of my favorites.

spider%206135.jpg

Very nice looking copy! I have always loved the cover of this issue as well. So cool with Spidey upside down like that. What is the grade?

Thanks! It's a CGC 6.0 but presents really well for the grade (a good press could possibly bump it up a notch or two but I'm not looking to do that). Also has white pages so I guess that's a bonus to some collectors.

This just in. Leaves me with just #1 and #4 to complete 1-150 in 9.6. I don't suppose anyone knows who owns the Pacific Coast copy of #4? Owned it back in '06 as a 9.4 but think it's now in a 9.6 holder. The other 2 copies in 9.6 are buried so would be my only shot. Pls lmk if you know. Would really appreciate it. Thx!

WDF0VG.jpg

Nice, Michael!

Don't buy a lot of Marvels these days because my wantlist is sparse and on the low number side, but managed to pick up 3 of the Amazing Spider-Man issues still on my list. Only 4 more to go!

Amazing%20Spider-Man004_zpspgqmbkbh.jpg

Amazing%20Spider-Man006_zpskfnqj9aa.jpg

Amazing%20Spider-Man013_zpslulx910n.jpg

Don't buy a lot of Marvels these days because my wantlist is sparse and on the low number side, but managed to pick up 3 of the Amazing Spider-Man issues still on my list. Only 4 more to go!

Amazing%20Spider-Man004_zpspgqmbkbh.jpg

Amazing%20Spider-Man006_zpskfnqj9aa.jpg

Amazing%20Spider-Man013_zpslulx910n.jpg

Glad to see I am not the only one that does not have a problem completing runs with lower grade reading copies. :applause: (thumbs u