• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

I really happy for you Chris and proud to have had a hand in helping you to achieve this. (thumbs u

The 65 - 104 run however is every bit as difficult to put together if you're looking for high-grade examples, and you have a set that is very strong in this area.

It'll be cool to see you and Joey battle it out next year lol

A nice mid-grade copy of one of my favorite Showcases. Dale Roberts at Comic-Con packaged this book with another DC, Superboy 86 and gave me a great price. I've loved this book for years and finally found an affordable copy.

005_4.jpg

Edited by Stevenrams

A nice mid-grade copy of one of my favorite Showcases. Dale Roberts at Comic-Con packaged this book with another DC, Superboy 86 and gave me a great price. I've loved this book for years and finally found an affordable coy.

005_4.jpg

Great get!!! :)

(And you perhaps mean Superboy 68, not 86 ....)

A nice mid-grade copy of one of my favorite Showcases. Dale Roberts at Comic-Con packaged this book with another DC, Superboy 86 and gave me a great price. I've loved this book for years and finally found an affordable coy.

005_4.jpg

Great get!!! :)

(And you perhaps mean Superboy 68, not 86 ....)

No, I meant Superboy 86, the 1st appearance of Pete Ross and fourth Legion of Superheroes appearance!

006_3.jpg

Nice books (thumbs u

For some reason the #30 looks better than other books in lower grades.

I've got a slabbed 6.0 that looks every bit a 7-8 at a glance.

Of course the 9.2 W I had looked pretty nice too ;)

Nice books (thumbs u

You Had a CGC 9.2 with White Pages of Showcase 30 and you sold it? For gosh sakes, why didn't you sell it to me? And I thought we were BFF. I guess I'll have to reconsider. (lol)

Nice books (thumbs u

You Had a CGC 9.2 with White Pages of Showcase 30 and you sold it? For gosh sakes, why didn't you sell it to me? And I thought we were BFF. I guess I'll have to reconsider. (lol)

:blush:

That Challengers story is an all time fav. I still have my original copy from the fifties. I think it made me a Kirby fan for life.

5985282460_3c7239ee9e_b.jpg

Now that is one heck of a group shot. Wow. They look to be in pretty good shape. How did you manage to keep them from the proverbial 'my mom threw them out' situation ?