• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

So I have finally moved into my first purchased home. And I have my collection/office room 90% done. Have some touch up paint to do and hang some more art, etc etc. But I'd just like to share with you guys/gals. Have 2 closets one that supports the a/c handler, but still have room for my file cabinet/safe. The other closet I turned in my gaming center. Hung the TV and put a simple Ikea 4 shelf box for games/movies ps4 (cause xbox sucks lol ) The top shelves above the TV I'll eventually make for more comic space, once I get to that goal. Took some close ups of my favorites.

image_zpstxqa7sjz.jpg

Now how do I get a hold of one of those Joker paintings?

simplest and most direct way would probably be to throw a bunch of money at the guy with the painting. Make him an offer he can't refuse.

more of the whole house than a comic book room...

TAzl6a2.jpg

CixK3x2.jpg

U3KkkBd.jpg

djbxb8V.jpg

Interesting, I've never seen anyone do it quite like that before.

Did you mark and measure the space before hanging them?

You have some very nice rows, and a very uniform appearance, I would think that would be hard to do without marking things out first.

So I have finally moved into my first purchased home. And I have my collection/office room 90% done. Have some touch up paint to do and hang some more art, etc etc. But I'd just like to share with you guys/gals. Have 2 closets one that supports the a/c handler, but still have room for my file cabinet/safe. The other closet I turned in my gaming center. Hung the TV and put a simple Ikea 4 shelf box for games/movies ps4 (cause xbox sucks lol ) The top shelves above the TV I'll eventually make for more comic space, once I get to that goal. Took some close ups of my favorites.

image_zpstxqa7sjz.jpg

simplest and most direct way would probably be to throw a bunch of money at the guy with the painting. Make him an offer he can't refuse.

Or pay an artist to make you one.

i take it your single :baiting:

:jokealert:

lol actually no... wife and 1 year old daughter... (hell half the books on the wall are hers!)

Interesting, I've never seen anyone do it quite like that before.

Did you mark and measure the space before hanging them?

You have some very nice rows, and a very uniform appearance, I would think that would be hard to do without marking things out first.

funny enough i didnt make any markings... i use those clear binder pages to put the books in, and hang one on the top of the wall... then base everything on that one, both down and up... makes it nice and even rows... once i finish sorting through my sdcc haul, ill post my bedroom walls too, which consist of just my Skottie Young baby cover collection and Sketch covers...

The odd books are actually my CGCs... i have no idea what to do with them since everything else hanging is at an angle lol.

image_zpstxqa7sjz.jpg

2nd simplest. Get a hold of artists and getting them to do things, even when gobs of money are involved is still rarely easy.

Offering the owner 20x what it cost gets you the painting in your house tomorrow.

more of the whole house than a comic book room...

U3KkkBd.jpg

Wow, that is unique!

Are you an artist? You see things differently than most. :cool:

I am actually! i was just talking to my wife about this too, and for whatever reason ive just always loved how the books looked hanging on the walls like this as opposed to more traditional upright or in frames... plus wall to wall comics just looks... cool lol.

image_zpstxqa7sjz.jpg

2nd simplest. Get a hold of artists and getting them to do things, even when gobs of money are involved is still rarely easy.

Offering the owner 20x what it cost gets you the painting in your house tomorrow.

Thanks guys for all the kind words. The artist is a local one who tattoos. She painted it on canvas in about an hour. And then I won the auction after it was finished. Cost me $450 It's huge. About 48" x 48" I believe. Here is here instagram https://instagram.com/christazart/

Question: I got tired of looking at all the short boxes in my office and decided to make a comic cabinet / drawers. I've stained and varnished the outside but was thinking about finishing the inside as well. I stopped short because I was wondering that if I didn't keep the inside raw wood it would have an impact to the comics long term, maybe off gassing of the stain? Maybe I am overthinking this. All of the comics are in Mylar bags if that makes a difference. Thoughts?

156731.jpg.ed660ec094a111f04232af6291c1495a.jpg

image_zpstxqa7sjz.jpg

Thanks guys for all the kind words. The artist is a local one who tattoos. She painted it on canvas in about an hour. And then I won the auction after it was finished. Cost me $450 It's huge. About 48" x 48" I believe. Here is here instagram https://instagram.com/christazart/

Wow! I check out the instragram and she has extreme talent.

Edited by vane

Did a recent land / room grab and acquired another room for my comics, without relinquishing my old space!

Here is a tour of the new space:

Display wall (not sure if IKEA still makes this anymore but it is perfect - forgot the name too!)

WP_20150618_11_29_11_Pro_zpsqmvhxo5y.jpg

Nice and clean, I like!

Edited by Comic Closet